No.

X…

[/quote]

WAT?

Emailed.

[quote=“brent_strong,post:13,topic:40156"”]

Buy mine already LSx’ed for not much more :slight_smile:

[/quote]

i still wanna see decent pics of this car… that build thread didnt have anything decent in it last time i checked.

E-mail responded.

Nah, I don’t have much for decent pictures to be honest. Too much time working on it, too little driving/photographing.

Plus, I’d feel like a douche sitting there and taking pictures of my own car at a show or something and no one else has driven it since I finished it, so no action shots. No one that hangs around has a camera except me.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1005/1208482493_db232f1107.jpg

I have this one, and a couple silly ones from the honda-tech meet. :stuck_out_tongue:

that JDM bumper and lights on the car for sale are seriously badass.

[quote=“sureshot!,post:6,topic:40156"”]

They like to pop around 80k, fyi

[/quote]

[quote=“sureshot!,post:16,topic:40156"”]

Wrong:ham:

[/quote]

Well, I didn’t specify as far as FD’s go. N/A rotaries generally last longer. I’ve seen people have N/A rotaries last over 200k miles. But still, there’s no real telling what mileage an FD rotary will last to. They require a lot of careful maintainance and some reliability modifications. If you neglect the littlest thing, it could come back to bite you.

[quote=“bing,post:28,topic:40156"”]

that JDM bumper and lights on the car for sale are seriously badass.

[/quote]

I like them as well but im not a fan of the front plate mount at all. I have actually been to the same shop the did the paint on the car and am about positive it would be a good job. My friend Ellis who is in seattle right now is going to go check the car out this week for me. If the car is as nice as claimed body wise i will make a lowball offer on the car. If i buy one i really want the cleanest body i can get for the money as i will probably swap it whenever it blows up. I would like to have some rotary fun though for a year or two.

dont sell it brent. we dont have the cam in yet.

another pic

Pass. There will be nicer ones out there for the price.

[quote=“DrImodium,post:32,topic:40156"”]

Pass. There will be nicer ones out there for the price.

[/quote]

Even though my main concrn is just getting one with a nice body. This one just had everything on the body fixed. BTW if i were to buy it i dont plan to spend any more the 11k. I see shitty rollers go for 6ish so a roller that has a great body with new paint would be 9ish i would say if i could get this one for 11k i should do it if you ask me. I could have some rotary turbo fun then sell the drivetrain when i want to swap it. Also can anyone tell me abou what a running motor and trans out of one of these would sell for including wiring etc. as i wouldnt need it. Anyhow if the body and paint is on point im going to make a lowball offer like 10k and see where it goes from there.

[quote=“cougarspeed,post:33,topic:40156"”]

Also can anyone tell me abou what a running motor and trans out of one of these would sell for including wiring etc. as i wouldnt need it. Anyhow if the body and paint is on point im going to make a lowball offer like 10k and see where it goes from there.

[/quote]

You’re probably looking at anywhere from $2,000-$2,500 for the complete setup based on how well the compression is. Ebay usually has at least a handful of stock low mileage (usually under 50k, and yours would be just over that) 13B TT’s all in that price range. And like I said before, I’m pretty sure that car’s been on the market for a while. Good luck with your offer, who knows what the seller with say. You could get a great deal.

[quote=“livin4hockey,post:34,topic:40156"”]

You’re probably looking at anywhere from $2,000-$2,500 for the complete setup based on how well the compression is. Ebay usually has at least a handful of stock low mileage 13B TT’s all in that price range. And like I said before, I’m pretty sure that car’s been on the market for a while. Good luck with your offer, who knows what the seller with say. You could get a great deal.

[/quote]

I looked for it on there and didnt see it. Can you find the ad or his username for me? The car might suck balls and look like shit but thats why my buddy(who is th local guru) is going to check it out for me. I dont plan on buying anthing untill May/June so the only way im picking i up would be if he bites on a lowball offer. Like i said though they dont seem to sell in Seattle the only i looked at before i deployed was on the market for 6 months before the guy ended up selling for 11k he was asking 15k. If i leave it stock ad dont beat it tooooo bad should it last for a year or two. Is it mods that kill these things or do they die on stock hp levels as well?

http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=685335
There ya go. That’s the original thread from the beginning of September. About a month ago you’ll see he dropped his price to $12,399.

With the right modifications, you should be in good shape. It’s when FD’s aren’t maintained properly in stock form or over modded that you run into trouble. There are actually a number of reliability modifications that should be done to increase the car’s life (replacing stock AST, upgrading exhaust, boost gauge, etc). Check out this thread: http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=27053 and read the post by jimlab. It’s an excellent writeup of some good reliability modifications to have done.

That said, there’s nothing you can do about the previous treatment of the car. The guy was asked for compression numbers in the original FS thread and never got them for the intersted buyers. If he really wants to sell that car, he would get those numbers to assure the buyer that the engine was running well and not just give his opinion.

Finally, not to bombard you with links, but this is the FAQ for FD’s link on rx7club: http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=68640 A lot of your questions can be answered there and by searching on that site. Doing the research now can save you a lot of time and money down the road. Hope that helps!

Thanks lot for the tips and links man. I will get to reading instead of just asking questions. Hmm fucker better give me some compression numbers better yet im going to have a third party do the test FTW.

Good luck! The car definitely looks cleannnnn :tup:

I think im goin to offer 10k and he will say no but if it stays on the market long enough he will take it. When i bought my Camaro i offered 4k less then what they were asking and four months later i got a call and paid what i wanted to.

You can find either a better unmolested example of an FD for that price, or one that has better modifications. Your bid of $10K is not too unreasonalble.

X…