Good, non-mainstream, Restaurants

not sure if it was already mentioned…

but, the Burgundy Room…on transit, by Genessee/that tops plaza there…across the street from tops rather…

won best ribs at the taste of b-lo a few years in a row…get them, Hog Wild Ribs…insanely good…meat falls off the bone, and they give you just 4 ribs…because each one is huge…

yeah it def is a great place to go and not expensive either.

ill be checking out the new and Sexy Empire Grill tommaro night

Empire grill is supposed to be really nice, dozer went

Lombardos is my favorite place for higher end dinners.

Has anyone ever gone to Olivers on delaware? I need to go there someday. I imagine it is pricey from the cars I always see parked in front. Just wondering if it is one of those places that wont let you in without a jacket or something.

For cheap pub food I like the wellington pub or sterling. Sterling has the best food and best prices but you wait forever for your food because they have like 2 people working the whole restaurant.

That’s affirmative, Steve-O. I didn’t even know you guys went there until Joe told me, hahaha.

Betty’s.

Arby’s

yeah I have heard Empire Grill is supposed to be good. Its owned by the same owner of Fahertys and Toro.

I’ve been to Olivers a few times, its quite good. About as pricey as any other upscale restaurant, of course varies based on what you order. I wouldnt say a jacket is completely necessary, but definitely no jeans. Suit and tie would not be out of place at all.

we used to get chocolate chip pancakes there when i was in junior high. Goodtimes, we used to play indoor basketball at the ghetto gloria j parks.

OMFG EMPIRE GRILL FTW!!!1

Glen Inn Tavern, main street in williamsville next to Pancake House

just went there the other night for the first time

I was very impressed, very big menu, pretty much anything you would want and the food was great and not over-priced by any means

Eagle House in Williamsville on Main St.

Papa Jakes on Elmwood

And some irish bar down by the general mills plant

I ate at empire grill, its great, but it’s going to be pretty “mainstream” soon.

Empire Grill will rock your socks if you are used to eating at bullshit chain restaurants. There are plenty of better restaurants in the city though. Its good, and I plan on going there often, but its definitely not omg best restaurant in the city by any means.

does empire grill take reservations?

I believe I saw 'Reservations only for parties of 8 or more" or something along those lines.

Left Bank
Fiomma
Laughlins
Coles
Brodo
Franks Sunny Italy = best italian known to man
Gabriels Gate
Colter Bay

That is the first bar in buffalo ever. Corner of michigan and whatever

Good food for good value:

Coyote cafe in hamburg
Tinas italian kitchen in hamburg
Root 5 in hamburg
Creekview in Williamsville and the italian joint across the street, think its called sorrentinos or something.

Jeller

Yeah I just cant remember the name but i go there with people from the city hall once in a while…food is pretty darn good.

oo I forgot about that. Coyote Cafe = best sit down mexican. sooo good.