Dinner in Buffalo

k so I already searched, looks like mostly semi-formal have been mentioned.

Here’s what i’m looking for, casual good food and good wine.
I have jeans and a T on, I don’t plan on changing since i’m very comfortable right now.

Someplace we can go drink alil and have fun, yet without tons and tons of kids there.

help plz

Empire

TEMPO!

where are both of these and what kind of food?
edit

the girl i’m going with just said she’s not a fan of empire

i was going to suggest TORO but since its owned by the same owners of Empire, thats probably not going to fly.

gabriel’s gate on allen.
city grille on main and swan downtown.

what about like a comedy club or something along those lines?
she mentioned canada, I have no idea whats up there let alone here.

lol There’s lots of godawful touristy places up there. Or you could take her to the ballet. Don’t tell her what it really is.

do it up. its always a good time.

torches? i think thats what its called. on kenmore

Torches? Why does that sound so familiar? I think I heard someone saying good things about that place recently.

pretty sure mike (innovative) posted something about it

edit: yep

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41111

There is no good eating on the Canadian side in Niagara Falls unless you go into Niagara on the Lake… all the wineries and Vintage Inns are okay.

St. Catharines is total bullshit for eating out.

tempo is stuffy, thumbs down… something more low key, try brodo

hardware is casual and has great food

hutches?

sample on allen is an excellent tapas place… you can go dressed however, but it is upscale/trendy. food was good there.

where are these places?

sample is on allen about a block west of elmwood on the west side/allentown in the city.

one of my friends just told me Sea Bar if I want really good sushi, any other reviews?
since we’re eating early(5pm for me is very early) I’m thinking it will probably be something light wherever we go.

panos on elmwood is good, dunno about the wine though