Good sushi places?

I did that place a loooooong time ago but didn’t eat sushi then. I’ll give it a shot because I forgot there was anything at all in Station Square anymore.

I had bad cholesterol due to heredity, so I stopped eating red meat and eat primarily fish now. I travel a ton for work so I eat mostly sushi every where I go. I’m always up for finding good places. I’ve hit everything in Pittsburgh (that isn’t “all you can eat”) at least twice (in case they had a bad day or something), but I forgot totally about that place. Thanks for the tip.

Yeah I understand where you are coming from with the Quality / Quantity connection, but Kiku still ranks at the top of my List in Pittsburgh for ala carte or the All you can eat deal.

I forgot about Kiku, good call, try that one. Loved the shabu-shabu there as well, if someone in your party wants some non-sushi stuff. Teriyaki chicken is a good choice too for them.

As for Las Vegas, Nobu in Hard Rock, Rick Moonen in Mandalay Bay and RA in fashion mall area are really good but fairly expensive. If you go to RA, get the kobe beef sushi roll. Awesome flavor.

We have a Ra in KC, I haven’t had a chance to check it out though. Thanks for the heads up, ill report back with where we went n how it was.

X2 - My wife and I have been going there since they opened. Great sushi and service!

There is also a place on Steubenville Pike about 2 miles from Rt79 that opened a few years ago that is good and reasonably priced.

Pan Asia on 51 isn’t too bad.

They’re all over the southwest. Used to eat at the ones in Scottsdale and Phoenix.

came here to post pretty much the exact same thing

Chaya is great, Plum in Shadyside is a southeast asian restaurant, but they have an amazing sushi bar, their sushi chef was a former chef at Nobu in Nyc

Sushi III in the south hills is great and they deliver.

why…? you arne’t getting good food there, you’re paying for the atmosphere… we went to one in nassau and it was junk… nothing special… more of a circle jerk of preppy fucks IMO… wasn’t better than other places in the same location… just chain yuppy garbage.

umi is good in shady side.

ate at the yummie lunchbox today
http://www.oishiibento.com/sushi.html

killer sushi, cheap price, and lots of little asian boxes all over

We went to Umis on saturday night. I was very impressed with the atmosphere, the food and the service was great as well. I didnt think the prices were too outrageous but it def isnt some place I would go every time I was craving sushi. If any of you plan on going sometime soon, try the sea urchin, its incredible.

Same goes for Yakoso. There is a place on Murray Ave in Sq. Hill. It’s a small place and BYOB, they don’t take reservations, it’s first come first serve, but the fish is so fresh and good. http://www.chayausa.com/index.html

x2 with Umi. A woman that works in my department is married to the Sushi Chef there. He has taken good care of my wife and I few times…highly recommended.

x3 on that Umi spot.