REVIEW: Fuji Grill

this just opened in hamburg on mckinnly right near bk on the corner of mckinnly and 20. shit was delicious… our waiter was super jdm, like didnt speak a lot of engrish jdm. i asked him what the beef nigeri was bc i had no idea and all he said was “ahhh beef… and ahhhh leek…” and made a motion with his hands… i decided to try it anyway, the dude looked like hero from heros haha. when i asked what kind of drinks they had he said “uhh… pessi… diet coke… uhh…” we both got pessis. ctm loved him

both of us (gf and i) got the lunch plate i think it was called? mine came with 6 rolls of beef nigiri, (SO GOOD) 6 sushi of the day rolls (california) a salad, steamed veggies and some crazy ass soup with seaweed and what looked like tofu in it? it was delish either way.

we also decided to get 2 rolls of sushi, i got a philly roll and she got a cali roll. so good! highly recommended… rather cheap too, everything came out to under $30 before tip.

:tup:

sounds good. the GF was telling me this opened out there. Might have to try it soon

brush up on your chopstick skillz… i didnt want to be that guy and ask for a fork.

ctm dropped like everything she was trying to eat… she wasnt very good at chopsticking haha

did you walk there?

do they have shit for gays liike me that have never done the sushi thing??

hhaha nah didnt walk there. if youve never tried sushi you really should, shit is delicious

ps the guy in the booth behind me asked for a fork :bloated:

ps… should you tip jdm waiters? i tip’d him like $7 i hope he wasnt offended

lol. fuji on maple or w/e it is is good.

He walked in the back room and killed himself with a dull kitchen knife since you disgraced him by tipping nicely.

not that much, dont let them get used to our western ways.

I was there a couple weeks ago, had the 3 roll special for $10 with soup, good deal good food and FINALLY sushi in the southtowns. I’ve only been bitching about it for 5 years.

LOL…my chopstick skillz are good :slight_smile:

wegmans sushi is pretty good. but fuji >>>> wegmans

did the hibachi thing once there, and sushi the next. it’s a nice place, real clean (for now) you can tell they put it together on a shoe string budget, space heaters in the walls, place was cold as hell. long sleeve shirt and go have a good time, very reasonable prices. i did ask for a fork, b/c shoveling rice is a pain in the dick. i brought my own chopsticks, they’re in my glove box, i did not plan ahead, gift from the monster in law.

I think 70% of sushi places are named Fuji ___ .

i might make dh take me here tonight, we’ll be camping out in hamburg till friday if you want to hang jam!

i’m bringing my own chopsticks. they are for little kids and fit my hands much better.

You know, I have been dying for a sushi bar out there for 7 years, and the year I move to NT one opens up!! Should I make a special trip? Or should I stick with Sho Guns and that other place on NF Blvd?

Hah, I remember seeing a sign for that when i first moved home in 2006…good to see they finally put something there.

went there for my brothers birthday and the 9 of us racked up a $500+ bill at the end of the night. I’m going back again tonight to do it all over again. the food was so good!

Mmmmm… Fuji Grill is the best <3

Hamburg though… make sure there is no deer in your rolls!!! Its supposed to be fish.

how long was the shell of that building empty? almost 3 or 4 years?

SUUUPER LONG