Kuni's - still good?

I’ve heard good things about this place, never been.

Is it still as good as I’ve heard?

http://www.kunisbuffalo.com/

Last I was there was about a year ago and I didn’t find it to be very good. It used to be awesome. Maybe it has changed in the year that I haven’t been there. :gotme:

I have been there a few times.

IMO best in buffalo. I know you guys like fuji grill but I think that place blows personally.

If you go order the gintara as well as your sushi fare and thank me later.

Also if you try to go on a friday or saturday make a reservation because if you walk in you are going to wait.

had to google that. looks good :tup:

They don’t take reservations.

Last time I was there I was pretty impressed. They are very authentic.

I made reservations last time I went?

it says on their site they dont take them. I’m not that worried about it for a weekday night.

I went with my girlfriend on a wednesday. half hour wait for a table, we just walked across the street and got drinks at The Place (which just reopened last year). Food was great, zero complaints. Kuni is still doing it just as well as when he was on elmwood

I’m also a big fan of seabar downtown, it’s not traditional by any means but very good. check it out

I didn’t like Sea Bar to much. Too fusion. I love their spicy tuna it was amazing. Everything else was either a little too fusion or blah for a traditional piece.

So far Kuni’s is my favorite in Buffalo. Koganei in Woodbridge, ON (northern urban area of toronto) is probably the best I have ever had it’s amazing.

My mistake if they do. I was under the opposite impression.

I was not impressed by seabar on main in willyville, if it’s of any comparison to the one downtown…

went last night; was not impressed.

dont get me wrong, the sushi was good. but nothing that made me go “wow”.

Ended up asking for kuni to just make something up special. ended up with a tuna/cucumber/avacado roll. while good, it was nothing special.

The last sushi I had that made me go “wow” was in San Diego and I can’t remember the name of the place at all. :frowning:

Did you order the Gintara (black cod)?

i couldnt remember what you said it was, and couldnt find anything that sounded like it on the menu, so unfortunately i didnt.

went there last year … was pretty damn good …

IMO … i havent found any better than Sukura (sp?)

I want good sushi now, thanks.

my current two fav’s in the area are fuji and sukura.

anyone down to go tonight … hit me up

kunis used to rule. now however, wasabi>fuji>most other places>kunis>wegmans>some other places