New sushi place on rt 19, anyone eat there yet?

tokyo shushibuffet and grille. the new place in the north hills village mall, next to the best buy. used to be a shitty buffett i guess. was talkin to my buddy about sushi and he told me i had to try this place.

i was very skeptical at first because it was a sushi buffet, two words you dont usually associate together with the word quality. but man, must say, for 16$ a person, you cant beat it. they must have 50 different kinds of sushi. and its actually GOOD. i easily ate atleast 50$ worth of sushi. over all, id give the food about a 8.5 outta 10. i thought it was very comparable to taipei tokyo in monroeville.

i recommend giving the place a try if you are in the north hills and enjoy sushi

mmm i love sushi. it is good

it is amazing.

I will be trying this after these rec’s

yeah when I get back from florida Im gonna check it out, I love sushi

tai pai tokyo is awesome. i used to hang around up there.

Bruce the owner is awesome

Nakama Sushi > *, but I’ll take the Pepsi challenge.

Nakama has sucked in the last year. Used to be awesome; now it’s like they just don’t care.
Umi in Shadyside, and Little Tokyo in Mt. Lebo and Sushi 2 on Southside are my current favs. I like Taipei Tokyo, but the Sushi isn’t as fresh as the others I’d mentioned. I’ll have to check this place out.

Nakama had good food, however…most of their customers are GQ-esque, trend humping fashion lemmings with a piss-poor attitude for people who aren’t part of the in-crowd & don’t dress in black suits and white shirts with some kind of tie. I got some fairly ugly stares like I didn’t belong there, in their opinion, from the front desk personnel when I walked up to the door and quite frankly, I won’t ever go there again due to their snobby clientele and door people. I was ready to drop about 100 bucks or more. F’em.

I’ll go down the street to the Sushi Two or down to SS for Kiku, thanks. Better service and less snobbery from the clients and workers.

Damn you nailed the crowd.

Last time I walked in 75% of the crowd was 40-something men with designer jeans and Ed Hardy/Affliction shirts that are too tight and busted up women who just can’t let it go.

sushi 2 on the south side was my fav, but since it has become little tokyo bistro it is not as good

taipei over in the waterworks makes excellent sushi, also there is this little place tucked away near the “O” in oakland that makes amazingly good sushi, whos up for a pittspeed Sushi meet

Depending upon day and time, I’d be down for that.

once some of you guys eat there, lemme know what you think…

and as for the GTG, we (crooked euros/VWvortex) actually thought about doing one there :stuck_out_tongue:

went for lunch today, this is the best place on earth, lunch is 10.99, everything i got was really good, had this been at sushi 2 i would have spent 20 bucks on tuna sushi alone, 2 peices are normally 6 bucks, rainbow rolls are like 8 bucks each, california rolls are 5 bucks all the other stuff anywhere from 5-9 each roll, 3 of us went total bill with 2 people drinking pop instead of water was 34 bucks, i would say we each ate 85 dollars worth at any other place

sushi = overrated…I tried it once and I didn’t hate it but it wasnt something I was impressed with. I think most of the time people “like/love” it b/c it is sort of like a status thing…

Fuck status. I eat it because I like it and it’s good for me and I gave up red meat when my cholesterol went through the roof.
I’d eat Sushi every day if I could.

I agree, I could easily eat it everyday, Im gonna have to check this place out

bennichopsticks on 19 waterdamnplaza yummnyumm

but id try the buffet

I may have to go there tonight.