Goodbye Buick... Hello GTO :)

[quote=“Dr.Stevil,post:58,topic:25905"”]

awesome :tup: thanks for the info.

out of curiosity… what is the speed cutoff on these cars? Had her up to around 120 or so last night on a long stretch of road but didnt want to get arrested or have something not so kosher happen and so I backed off of it.

How many Goat owners are there on here? We really should do a cruise :tup:

[/quote]

It maxes just short of 160, if my avatar was active you could see that
that was a fun ride on the 990.

[quote=“MonteCarloChick,post:43,topic:25905"”]

wtf?! Since when do you have one?

I’m so out of the loop :meh:

[/quote]

I bought mine on Dec 26th. You won’t see it out for a lil while yet. And in case you were wondering, I still have the SHO and it IS faster than the GTO. :wink:

[quote=“Dr.Stevil,post:56,topic:25905"”]

…first, especially for the first gens… did any of you experiance any problems with the tires rubbing on the strut? I read about it on LS1gto and it doesnt seem widespread, but it deffinitly worries me especially with the way I drive at times :D…

[/quote]

Actually, there is only one generation of the new GTO (though it spans the VY and VZ Monaro - the VY Monaro still had the gas tank down behind the rear axle).

As for strut rub, I’ve had a minor case of it - easily solved when I got my Voxx wheels (was a +40 offset vs. +48 stock). And I have an early-build car (Oct '03).

Now that I have the stock 18’s, I’ll have to see if it happens again.

[quote=“rj-92,post:62,topic:25905"”]

I bought mine on Dec 26th. You won’t see it out for a lil while yet. And in case you were wondering, I still have the SHO and it IS faster than the GTO. :wink:

[/quote]

Your six-cylinder sounds like a cammed eight - never thought I’d hear a KOB sound like that.

Stevil, you have mail :tup: