Goodbye Buick... Hello GTO :)

Ugh, u fuggers…my GP is fast but, I miss the V8 sound, and those LS engines dont need as much money to go as fast. If I was to buy one, the first thing I’d do is EXHAUST. Well, and pull that decal LOL just bustin balls. (and jelious)
Also from a kid I talk to that does write-ups for High Performance Pontiac (Chris White), he has a GTO, had the Magnacharger blower, and swapped it for a Vortech…he said the diff. was night & day.

:wtf: i buy one, now everyone has to. :gay:

[quote=“rj-92,post:42,topic:25905"”]

:wtf: i buy one, now everyone has to. :gay:

[/quote]

wtf?! Since when do you have one?

I’m so out of the loop :meh:

:tup: :pimp:

[quote=“jeeves744,post:40,topic:25905"”]

how about we just switch motors and i’ll give ya $100 :smiley:

[/quote]

ok, let me think about it…

ummm…no! lol

haha, congrats :slight_smile:

and you’ll lose to c5’s if you’re stock, trust me :wink:

great cars! now that they’re discontinued, the prices are reasonable, and the dealerships actually let you frickin’ test drive them - they sell. go figure!

Ah - welcome to the club…

And just try resisting the mod bug. Really. I dare you. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Dr.Stevil,post:8,topic:25905"”]

edit: a holden conversion would be cool though

[/quote]

FWIW - I’ve gotten more comments on my car after the conversion… lol

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/132/318906540_3ac40572bb_m.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/133/318906781_2a16ad8c62_m.jpg
(if anyone cares, pics are hyperlinked)

Oh, and I’d be up for a cruise sometime, too…

that conversion is very hott

[quote=“ly555is,post:46,topic:25905"”]

and you’ll lose to c5’s if you’re stock, trust me

[/quote]

Are you sure? :gotme: We’ll find out as soon as the salt is gone for good.

Just a little warning Steve… those stock 245 bf goodrich are terrible in the snow if they’re worn at all. As in, “Wow, I’m not stopping at all, I better open the door and drag my foot” bad. I’ve never been a big believer in snow tires until I got a big wide 245 that wants to ride on top of the snow.

And we’re supposed to get 5-7" of snow tonight/tomorrow, 10+ in the south.

^^^Hush ur mouth! lol.

Hopefully I’ll run into a few of u goat owners this spring/summer! :tup:

[quote=“JayS,post:50,topic:25905"”]

Just a little warning Steve… those stock 245 bf goodrich are terrible in the snow if they’re worn at all. As in, “Wow, I’m not stopping at all, I better open the door and drag my foot” bad. I’ve never been a big believer in snow tires until I got a big wide 245 that wants to ride on top of the snow.

[/quote]

I’ve had issues with my worn stocker 245’s in the rain, leading to the reason I got my Monaro conversion in the first place. And that’s why I run 225 Blizzaks in the winter…

[quote=“traumadog,post:52,topic:25905"”]

I’ve had issues with my worn stocker 245’s in the rain, leading to the reason I got my Monaro conversion in the first place. And that’s why I run 225 Blizzaks in the winter…

[/quote]

Do those give you any dry traction whatsoever? I have new 245 kumho all seasons and they’re a lot better than the BF’s were in snow or water, but i can break them loose at like 50 in a stock A4 if TC is off

I’m running 245 Dunlop Wintersport M2’s now.

They’re really weird tires. In the snow they’re ok, much better than stock.

On wet roads they’re amazing. They grip like my stock tires do in the rain.

On dry cold roads with that little bit of salt dust, they SUCK. You’d think you were driving on ice. Maybe not quite that bad but I can spin them WAY too easy.

My Blizzaks are “queasy” in the dry handling-wise, especially when it’s warm. Nothing at all like the stockers in that respect. I have an M6, and I don’t normally break them loose unless I gun it from a stop in the dry.

In the snow, I’ve had no issues whatsoever.

supprisingly I havent had any issues yet, but I really hope we don’t get any snow.

thanks again for all the compliments guys :slight_smile:

oh, and I have a few questions for the GTO guys

first, especially for the first gens… did any of you experiance any problems with the tires rubbing on the strut? I read about it on LS1gto and it doesnt seem widespread, but it deffinitly worries me especially with the way I drive at times :smiley:

also, what is that O/Speed thing all about? I tanked up this morning and tried resetting my trip counter and accidently turned that on and couldn’t figure out how to turn it off… so I just set it at 100mph so it would stop beeping anytime I went over 70.

after 3 days of ownership… I’m in love with it. I honestly think that I’m gonna keep this car for quite a while. I found myself getting up in the middle of the night and wanting to go out for an hour or so drive :smiley: Wish it was warmer out though… I’d really like to take that decal off :frowning:

O/Speed is just what you’ve found it to be… a warning when you go over the set speed. It maxes out at 130. That was fine until the day I was on a road trip and got a nice long section of the 90 with no cars in front, and woods prevent a cop from hiding. The alarm is very distracting at that speed so I looked up how to turn it off completely.

Start the car, DO NOT enter the options menu. After the options menu choice goes by and you get your digital speedo, etc… press mode until your overspeed is in the left display, and hold on the SET button until OFF appears on the display.

I’ve read enough about strut rub to know that if it eventually start happening on mine I’m just going to get the pedders struts and be done with it. GM has all these bandaid fixes, but new struts solve it forever, and make the car handle better.

awesome :tup: thanks for the info.

out of curiosity… what is the speed cutoff on these cars? Had her up to around 120 or so last night on a long stretch of road but didnt want to get arrested or have something not so kosher happen and so I backed off of it.

How many Goat owners are there on here? We really should do a cruise :tup:

I think I’ve been told 158, but they’ll break 170 with a tune to remove the limiter.

[quote=“Dr.Stevil,post:58,topic:25905"”]

awesome :tup: thanks for the info.

out of curiosity… what is the speed cutoff on these cars? Had her up to around 120 or so last night on a long stretch of road but didnt want to get arrested or have something not so kosher happen and so I backed off of it.

How many Goat owners are there on here? We really should do a cruise :tup:

[/quote]

The LSx series motors were built by the hand of GOD so there is no limit.