Google+

Who’s on it? What do you think?

I know LZ is because he sent me an invite. It should be open for registration now (no invite needed). I’m still messing around and hoping this will allow me to ditch facebook.

lol @ “hopefully ditch facebook”. 750 million active users according to FB’s stats page. You don’t shift a member base like that unless you do something epic to really piss the members off.

Even if google does it better its so hard to get people to shift away from something that “everyone” is on, at least when that “thing” is entirely about the network of people. It’s not like getting people to switch from IE and Firefox to Chrome. If I want to switch to Chrome I don’t have to get all my friends to switch too.

Facebook has sucked ever since it was opened to people without a .edu email address. I’ve been on it for like 6 or 7 years and it’s just been getting worse and worse. I only keep it so I don’t completely lose touch with old friends.

I would love to see Google come out with something that blows Facebook away.

True, but it had happened before via MySpace to Facebook. Granted it wasn’t in the numbers facebook has now, but it was a big exodus. I’m not even sure why I said “ditch facebook”? I like facebook, I have no beef with it, maybe just some minor nuances. Anyway, It’s going to take me a few months to really see the benefits and downfalls of Google+.

Geocities :tup:

I don’t have any reason to use it. :shrug:

How?

I still don’t know what this twitter thing is.

http://plus.google.com

It says it was open to limited registration but they’ve exceeded their limits for open and invites.

post emails and I will send out invites, there is a :snky: way to get people invited

It’s how I gathered 3 attempts at Google+ invites, and how I found out about open registration.

<EDIT> BJ4 beat me to it. I can also send invites if desired.

I am on it. I like it. Simple, clean, and a little more social than linked in and more professional than Facebook. I swear to fucking god tho if Farmville comes out for Google+ I am done with it.

^ exactly my thoughts so far, I feel like I need to be more professional and keep the stupid antics/wedding reception photos out.

Spr Freek at aol dawt com

I’m willing to give it a try. FB is turing into to many young girls adding as many friends as possible… and not posting nudes.

do you have a gmail address instead? I think this way of adding only works with gmail addresses

sent

Hah ya. I like the status updates and people’s profile with work, school, etc just from the business networking and keeping track of people and colleges but I don’t need to see the bar pictures every week or pictures of shots on a bar. I’m 26, I have done my fair share of shots and know what they look like. If people wanna put stuff in albums, thats fine but keep them off the damn feeds.

Also since I rely on Google’s services as it is, I love the ability that it integrates with everything. I hope they do everything wrong with Facebook like allow you to actually delete your data and stuff which seems like the are so hopefully this works out. Facebook is already scared and blocking Google+ apps.

bryan.benway@gmail.com if you wanna find me.

I’m not entirely sure this is going to hold true. G+ is going to become more tightly integrated with Google’s other features as well as become tied to the re-branding of Picasa and Blogger. Considering how enormous Google’s “member base” is and how tight their grip is on the search world right now, I find it hard to believe that people won’t feel compelled to at least use it in addition to FB. They’re also offering free multi-person video chat, which Skype (and now FB) does not - plus they’re reaching out to the Deaf community to make Hangouts better for use with ASL, which will create incentive for a fairly large community to migrate.

This will probably end up being the social equivalent of Chrome versus Firefox. I like G+ so far but I also don’t necessarily feel like my privacy is really threatened by FB, so my interest is driven by a feature-set that makes more sense for the way I use social websites. Hopefully it will just make both sites better.

guyetti @ gmail.com
Google says it’s open.
Still won’t let me in.
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk