Got most of my DIY BBK in today*WOW*

huge fronts!! what size rims do you have to run now 16’s or 17’s??

im just upgrading front brakes and all the pads/rotors on my hatch and feel it will be more than adequate for a non track driven car

btw 15/16 will give you great pedal feel and work well with those calipers

so nomore glowing brakes when running biff?? damn those looked cool on the video haha

Post a pict of your front brakes for credibility. :nerd:

X…

P.S. Type ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I’m ordering some stoptech SS brake hoses today. I’m gonna run DOT4 brake fluid in my car for now since I’m only running cheap ceramic pads+rotors anyhow. I’ll run ATE superblue when I upgrade to slotted rotors and some HPS pads in the future.

They will fit my 15" wheels no problem!

I’m running a 10.3" Rotor with these Integra Type R front calipers(Actually, Accord Wagon calipers which are the same thing). I’ve heard of people running a 14" wheel with spacers on the same setup actually!

I’m running about 440 to the wheel, and the stock brakes are 9" rotor with puny calipers. Hence why my brakes looked like this after 3 brake boosting runs:

The MC in the car right now is a 13/16" on the stock EF Brake booster, I’m upgrading to a 15/16" MC and DA Integra Brake booster. The Integra Type R uses a 1" MC but isn’t compatible with my car.

I re-read what I wrote earlier and It confused me too, but that’s what I really meant.

why run that big caliper and the smaller rotor, it makes no sense and you arent gaining anything, for those calipers run 11" rotors or just run 4door ex brakes

He has it right, your issues is not the caliper, but the rotor. If your rotor turns red you obviously have enough clamping force. You need a larger rotor/more surface area to dissipate the heat

I’m running a 10.3" rotor that’s much fatter and has bigger vents. The stock ones are 9" and flimsy thin dude.

I’m running a bigger caliper+Bigger rotor, in addition to a bigger MC. I’m not doing anything wrong. I can go 11" but then I have to do a bunch of machine work to the rotor and make new caliper bracket adapters. In the event I ever want to run slicks, I’m trying to fit them on a 14" wheel or 15" wheel not a 16" or 17". Sidewall matters to me.

i realize this, thats why i said an ex brake setup would work just as well, and you can run a 13" wheel/slick which is far superior to a 14" for our cars