Got my neon back

I finally convinced my dad to not sell my neon and let me keep it.the clutch is going to be replaced in like 3 weeks.the muffler is rusting and im looking to replace it.probably gonna need a catback.im basically looking for something cheap but i dont want the loud anoying fartcan.so if anyone has suggestions let me no.other then that i might do a thing here and there but nothing serious.possible future plans, Short throw shifter, used wheels(15" or 16"), radio mast and antenna, and ebay intake for shits and giggles.well if u have any suggestions on what kinds of parts to look for let me no.i realize its a neon and its just gonna be a daily.but i just have a problem leaving cars stock…cant help it

I know you said you didn’t want loud, but if you chnge your mind I have a stock SRT-4 catback I’d sell you cheap. Also have a E-bay CAI (was on my wifes 2000 ES) that would be cheap also. Let me know.

its a 98 SOHC.i dont think a SRT-4 catback would fit on it.

Advance Auto is having a sale on the dynomax muffler for the neon. 70 bucks! and the piping catback is 67 bucks! There’s aslp a nice gain for SOHC neon’s with a DOHC muffler, less restrictive.

67 is for both pipes.cause iv seen on a few websites they seperate the pipe to the muffler??

yeah, 67 is for both pipes and 70 for the muffler. I only bought the pipes and install my own muffler but, I might go buy the muffler now that it’s on sale.

good deal! the catback 2.5 dynomax piping is what I have. But i have a longtube header, glasspack in the tunnel, and a camaro dual tip magnaflow muffler. Sounds good and has a nice gain.
If you wanted to have a little fun i would suggest a SOHC longtube header, that dynomax pipe, and a muffler of your choice, adding a glasspack or resonator would be for you to decide, (it does cut down ALOT of rasp)
then go get a magnum intake mani from a 2000+ magnum engine neon, then add a CAI. you’ll feel a difference

Ive seen it done, it works, but sounds like COMPLETE ASS!! (without a turbo)

SRT-4 catback modded to fit 1st gen neons and compared to stock 1st gen DOHC/SOHC

I’ll try to find a video later. but trust me… do NOT put an SRT catback on it, you’ll HATE it

haha thanks for the heads up.id rather not want 2 put on the srt-4 catback ne ways.so u used a camaro muffler on ur car and u said it sounds good??

I thought you ricers liked shit loud LOL. I never put it on so I can’t attest to what it sounds like, I can imagine it would be loud because you would be replacing the muffler with all the tubing on the srt exhaust.

thats exactly wat i dont want.i hate the ricercanon.its anoying and usually the louder the slower the car

New Exhaust (sounds much better/quieter and def notice a power improvement on the butt dyno)

Old Exhaust
http://videos.pittspeed.com/video/d4904212-e953-4f59-b883-225c81f5b40a.htm ( I used the same muffler for the new exhaust)

I also made it so i can remove the muffler within 10 mins and bolt on a straight pipe attachment. ( WAY too loud for around town use. sounds like an F1 car at WOT above 3000rpm) for use at the track, but highly doubt i’ll see any gains from it.
http://videos.pittspeed.com/video/4ef652d2-8a8d-4a9e-acf1-9952000509ce.htm

The new exhaust clip didnt work.

Just ordered some Booger Bushings since my stock shifter bushings r worn out.a few people on a neon forum recommended them and im just wondering if anyone on here has had experience with them??

My mom likes them if that’s any indication of how good they are. :wink:

booger bushings are about the best I’ve used. I’ve tried others and they dont feel much different from stock, but the booger bushings you can definitely feel a difference.

Thanks for the feedback

bushings arrived and are in.deffinetly tightened everything up.feels alot better going through the gears.

sweet