Got myself an unusual birthday gift... [channeling viper996]

Totally^

Hahaha. You actually did it. Midnight rappelling?

I tried em out last night. They work SUPER well. It’s hard to describe.

Even with the built in 30mW IR illuminators, they work pretty awesome in total darkness. I just received some 350mW external IR illuminators. These should work awesome.

Basically, they’re an Infrared flashlight that’s totally visible to the naked eye, but lights up the night vision area a ton. Not great for troops, because anyone else wearing NVGs would totally see you, but there aren’t many people wearing them around here. :slight_smile:

Yea no joke in total darkness. With external light they aren’t as cool though

Just flew by the cops? no problem, put these on, shut the lights off and floor it.

X…

Well, the external IR light is totally invisible to the naked eye. Prowled around bethlehem steel last night for hours, including the spots that were still active. Heh.

http://www.imaging1.com/thermal/infrared%20goggles.html

^ I have a set of these I use at work…they are pretty damn good… they work pretty good with NO ambient light…but with a partial moon…shit, I can see better at night than I could at day.

All I have to say, is NVGs are probably the coolest thing next to sliced bread and I commend you on your purchase Mr. Newman, probably one of the coolest things you’ve purchased yet…now you should rappel with NVGs…just because it’d be hella tactical

what do you plan to use these for?

Those look awesome, but are probably just retarded expensive. I know a simple thermo-image monocular is like 10 grand.

Night vision goggles all need some ambient light to work. However. “Ambient light” is a loose term. It can be dark enough that you can’t see your hand in front of your face, but the NVGs will still function awesome, because light from stars and the moon are still passing through the clouds.

Last night, with moonlight, i could maybe see 10 feet with the NVG off. With them on, it was bright as day.

The stuff I got is some pretty serious hardware, and unless you get into something with autofocusing lenses (ANVIS systems run about 16,000), it’s the best of the best. MIL grade and higher.

I am totally swinging the 219 bridge and I’m going to do it at night, because daylight is just too risky and obvious, because of the proximity to the old 219 bridge.

Literally everything. From sneaking around places I shouldn’t be to hiking at night, camping, removing all the light bulbs from my house to save on electricity (ROI: 1346759843 years)

LoL You’re going to swing with these on your head?! I want to play with them lol

I have a set of ANVIS 9’s with a helmet rig. Lots of fun when you go out for some night airsoft games. Enjoy the toys.

What generation IITs?

Nice.

In for video when he loses these, and not just his glasses…

Mine are Gen 3’s omni 4’s with few flaws. Not the best tubes, but I built the set for a price that you wouldn’t believe. Years of working on goggles paid off. If you ever need service let me know, I have friends that have the machines to purge and align them.

We can have a NYSpeed NVG meet :slight_smile:

id hate to be a debbie downer here, but IF you ever get caught in any of these expeditions by the police thats gunna be the last time you use your expensive toys. just be carefull. ps youv been hangin out with jay too much lately.lol

I had flashlights in my pocket, so in the event we were detected, I could rip the NVGs off and stash them. The good thing about NVGs is it’s pretty hard for someone NOT wearing them to sneak up on you…

Wow, that’s awesome. I want a set of ANVIS goggles… What kind of helmet mount do you have? Is the USGI one alright, or do you use the baller wilcox/norotos ones? I need some durability. I ordered an A-Alpha helmet with OPS-CORE H-nape headloc straps, as well as an OPS-CORE shroud and USGI mount. I just had a hard time justifying the 610 dollars for the Wilcox mount.

Why, are the illegal?

I’m assuming more-so the fact that they are trespassing with night vision.

Oh hai i’ll take THAT, now get in the back of my car.

The PS15-4 is like $8k. You spent $8k to fucking walk around places at night? I’m sorry, and I’m going to be a Debbie downer as well, that’s a waste of money. If you’re going to start hacking up bitches in Delaware park in the early hours of the morning, that’s a whole a different story…