Got our first G8 today

LOL!!! They act like it’s a ferrari…meanwhile…Hello!!! :nuts: :greddy: :zzz: :bowrofl:

I want to see if the G8 will drive the price down on the low mileage Grand Prix GXP out there.

Nice car, but it wouldnt work out as an only car in this climate. And for 30k+ its surely would be my only car.

what dealership is it at?

I knew they would pull some shit like that Gregg, take your business to more stand up dealer IMO.

I agree.

Ditto. I’m in the market for a new car. Those’ve certainly caught my eye.

The short lived Bonneville GXP was nice. Smooth lines and the Northstar.

Wonder if i would have to pay $3000 markup on my employee pricing.

of course they probably want to talk numbers first. we were only allotted 1 i believe. isn’t the first run (2008) limited to 888 cars. I understand that to talk numbers alot of people want a feel for the car first. I agree on some of the negotiating before you drive, but you would have every asshole in the world just driving it for shits and giggles. You coming in driving a GTO, i’d probably have let you drive it. but not my call.

Wright Pontiac

:x:

looking online at other stores inventories, i dont even see anyone else having any G8’s

Quad would have had the GTO with him. :wink:

And he is not a young 20 something tire kicking.

I don’t see why they are being assholes about driving it tho, dealers in California had a “come drive the G8” day.

omg…Pontiac is so ‘exclusive’ bowroflcopter

I could see McCrackin Ford doing that with the Saleen Mustang’s but…“limited ed.” american v8 mania car is just the same as a dodge charger or cadi ctsv

Yeah I mean if you are like 20 or so, then I could see it… and I think it all depends on what car you drive into the dealership, it really does show a lot to them.

The difference between here and Cali… there are a lot more beat ass people in this area that would come drive it and never consider buying it… in Cali people easily got that kind of money to just buy a car like that… Just an opinion tho.

I believe quad offered them to run his credit before taking it for a spin, to show that he was dead serious about buying it.

who knows?

this reminds me of a story pertaining to a certain srt-8 jeep …

Yeah, I offered to let them run my credit after I said “I can afford to buy this car, but I’m not going to make an offer on ANY car before I drive it to see if I like it well enough to buy it”. I asked the salesman if he’d buy a car without driving it first, and of course he said “no”, but that he was only enforcing Wright’s “policy”. The salesman said “I have to go ask Mr. Wright” and walked away. By then my wife was already aggravated by their attitude and said “Let’s go, we’re not buying a car here”, so we left before the guy came back.

Reminds me of a saying, though.
“Treat a customer right and they’ll tell someone else.”
“Treat a customer wrong and they’ll tell ten other people.”

sucks. makes me glad I am not in sales.

Come on, would you let that guy drive your car? Despite his millions. :smiley:

it wouldnt have hauled his cash anyway with no trailer hitch.

http://www.blueknobauto.com/auto_detail.php3?id=39028

They have 5 of them for under $20,000 and i think they all have less than 15k miles.