Got the D2 coiloivers with Enkei meshes... whats next?

Was wondering what the next step should be in regards to suspension for my 89 hatch.
Got the wheels, (0 offset is beautiful) got the d2 adjustable coilovers, but whats next?
i plan on going all out and getting as much as i can for the suspension to really make her hook around the twisties
If u guys could make a list in order of the equiptment that u think would help me get the performance i am looking for it would be great!
thanks

T/C Rods will really help you. The stock ones have fat bushings which get
worn out, and give. Adding aftermarket T/C Rods with heim joints will
make your steering response much better.

I also think SwayBars are great, but I put those on before I had coilovers.
I am not sure if they would help so much once you’ve got stiffer
footworks.

good tires
front and rear strut tower braces, sway bar, etc.
brakes

sasha, take over… lol

• Sway bars (I have)
  • Beefier arms (control arms, t/c rods, etc.) or bushings upgrade (I have)
  • Better tires
  • Seam welding body (probablly not worth it for just a casual driver/track car)
  • Lightened flywheel and clutch (not susp. but still)
  • Brakes (once you done with suspensino and before you go for power)

My bushings+swaybars+D2s have made a complete night-day difference.

depends on how much money you have. but like evyerone else said. I have d2’s, buschings, swaybar (rear), strut bars, and it is pure sweet. If your camber is properly set, I would get the buschings (sp) because they are most likely pretty bad on the old 240’s. I presume that you already have tires, which makes a world of difference in handling.

• Swaybars ($500 from PDM)
  • Bushings ($300ish from PDM)
  • Lightened flywheel + clutch ($1000ish ??)
  • Strutbars ($175 from CP)

strut bars are less than $175 from CT,

strut bars are proly the best bang for buck.

under $150 and you wil feel the difference right away.

obviously you will feel the difference with coilovers and stuff but the strut bars are cheap and noticeable.

You’ve got a long way to go if you plan on completeing the entire suspension first.

Consider the following:

Wheels
Coilovers
Sway bars
Cage
Subframe bushings
RUCAs
RLCAs
Traction Arms
Toe Arms
Rail Re enforcement
Seam Welding
STBs (optional)
TC arms
Boxed front brace
Tube frame (optional)
Tie rods

All bushings should be replaced with either pillowballs, or urethane, or at least replaced OEM spec

You’ll need a full alignment, and probably a good set of rubber.

There are some other things but they may not apply for your application, which I don’t have a clue what it is…

i doubt you need that much…

but strut bars, sway bars, new bushings and coilovers will prolly have you looking forward to every corner

Yeah, if you’re building a mediocre suspension setup…

If you had the abilities, you should build a system that allows the relocation of the coilovers… for a longitudinal setup…

Well if you have tons of money to blow then go for it. Otherwise do the bpu upgrades on your suspension and your car will handle like a champ. Then spend your money on something else. Unless you plan on making your car a pure track car, or a D1 drifter I dont really think you need all that stuff.

for the street i would be more interested in power not handling, since you cannot get near the handling limits safely on the street anyway…

and if you really want the car to handle

1=tires…tires tires…
2=high spring rates…

those 2 things will be the biggest bang for your buck

adam

I agree with Adam on this one,

however, I do suggest getting TC rods, they make a huge difference and are not too expensive.

First you gotta figure out what you going to do with these mods you
are going to put on.

Second, how much are you willing to spend? Obviously this should be the
first thing but since you asked, i’m assuming you’re willing to spend a little.

Where’s the car going to see more abuse? On the street or on the track?
Daily driver, weekend warrior? Or just a street car?

Why don’t you post your budget here, and then we’ll tell you what you need.

Jermaine, now that you pretty much have suspension done for now. Get your engine fixed up and do brakes. Get her ready for the road now.

You can add more after she is ready for the road.

Andrew.

Tires.

Then exhaust for a sports like feeling in the spirit of the uptune style

then rucas for rear camber and TC rods to get rid of the steering wheel wobble under braking and a bit more response.

IMO unless ur going to circuit you dont need much other than that. And I dont think STBs do much to be honest, but then again im like retarded n shit.

With STB’s I found that just having the rear one installed increases oversteer, and just the front increases understeer.

My car oversteerd like a champ so I just Rock the Front one and I found it Ballanced the car out Nicely…

I noticed that but only when the rear was bolted to the floorpan.

Unless I was imagining things.

i figure you need an rear cross brace and some fender braces as well…

hey guess what… i got those for sale…!!!

RXB is something worth investing into…