GPS Navigation

so i was wondering if i should get a PDA and GPS or should i just buy a GPS system anyone have any input? what does everyone else have???

I used to have a Handspring Visor with the Magellan GPS attachment. Had it for 3 years. It was great, since I traveled a lot for work, finding locations out in the boonies with little markers made my life a lot easier with it. The problem with it, is it only had 8MB of RAM to store maps, which was about enough for a single state.

A PDA with navigation can be awkward to use in a car. The one for my PDA is pretty bulky along side the PDA. I don’t own it, but i’ve used it. I’ve also got to use a Garwin (something like that???) Nav system that a guy at work owns. I much prefer that one for in a car. It seems alot less cumbersome while you’re driving and also had alot of options (like restaurants and gas stations and stuff) that the PDA one did not have.

i have used both kinds of and the pda i think would be more useful and worth the money…cause the other serves only as a GPS

garmin make the best handheld GPS’s

you can simply get a USB reciever on your laptop and use it!

you can also use a compact flash GPS card, i think bobby311 and whitey both use those.

I think the pda is better all around, because i use mine here and there,

but the garmin will be more precise and will retain stupid info.

for a NICE pda and a GPS reciever you should be paying more than just a nice garmin handheld.

IMO