gps navigation

i need to go get one today or tomorrow. can you suggest a good one please. im kinda looking at a garmin nuvi 255wt but ive never used one and dont know what i need or would want. i kinda would like one that talks and tells me when a turn is coming. lol

My wife has a TomTom xl1200 (I think that’s the model) and uses a Garmin Nuvi for work. She said that she likes the TomTom better for finding features etc. Plus the screen is bigger.

don,i have a Tom Tom f/s cheap!

looking at a Tom Tom Go 630 now at walmart.com kinda like it im gonna go check it out.

brian text me the model please.

I have a garmin nuvi 850. It’s the second GPS I’ve owned and I love it. I got the newer model with the large screen. Has a great list of POI’s and I can (when I’m ready) buy a package where you get a lifetime of map updates for your device for the cost of a year’s worth. I’ve used a tomtom go unit my friend has and I like mine a lot better. Plus, it came with a remote that activates a voice command feature. I nice and useful add on, I’ve found.

i have the nuvi 255wt, and am enjoying it. i’ve owned a couple different ones. so for I’m enjoying this one the most. It doesn’t have some of the additional features that the other ones that I’ve had had, but it gets the job done

i sell gps’s at pepboys.

the 255w is great deal for the price.

If you feel like coming out to pleasent hills i have a Tomtom GO730 that im trying to get rid of. Great gps, 4" screen Bluetooth updateable online

But 2 years old $99

I’ve been very satisfied with my Nuvi 660. I bought Kara a Nuvi 1350w for her bday. Altjought it has some features that I wish were on the 660, I don’t like it as much. The touchscreen kinda sucks. It is very frustrating to use. You can’t have an attention tone like you can on the 660 either. You either have the voice (pain in The ass when you are on the phone alot), or you can mute it. When you mute it, you lose the keypad tones.

Minor gripes but I use the gps alot. My Nuvi 660 is now 3 years old and it hasn’t had one issue.

i picked up the tom tom brian had. worked good. i had to go pick up another larger mower deck today in middleport ny. north east of buffalo. then we went over to niagra falls for the day. just got back. did it all in a day and the tom tom didnt miss a turn.

Men should not have GPS units. Women should not have them either, as they should not be allowed to operate motor vehicles in the first place.

True information. Use a map. GPS eliminates the girlfriend/wife bitching about not stopping to ask for directions. And half the time people are paying attention to the GPS telling them when to turn and not the actual road.