GPS recomendations?? help me choose one

Hey guys. Im looking for a good gps unit for my 3500km drive out west. I know nothing aobut them and im sure there are some tech savvy guys on here who know good from bad.

i have a price range of $300-350… what have you guys experienced? what do you guys hate? who knows of any killer deals around?

my mom has garmen i used it a couple time inculding to get to bings sent me to jane and finch so yeah dont use them it cant even get me three blocks away from my house with out sending me somewhere else first

garmin nuvi260. its on sale right now at canadian tire.

all of canada and US, text to speech with street names, search features, etc.

My mom has one in her van, it rocks. My dad has a 720 or something, pretty baller but the 260 works just as good.

also used tomtom basic model works pretty good

^ kollo learn how to use a GPS then, mine works perfectly

http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=10289270&whse=BCCA&topnav=&browse=&lang=en-CA&s=1

this one is pretty great and cheap… i also read lots of reviews and it always got people to their location faster compared to tom tom and magellan

garmin

My friend won one with roll up the rim and its sick. Has US and Canadian Streets on it.

I’ve also heard tomtom is good stuff while sitting in a theatre for deathrace. You can get the speech with celebrity voices like Mr.T. As for actual function i have no idea if its any good.

I’ve used tomtom, garmin and clarion systems. I hate my clarion, its garbage. The tomtom I used traveling around Germany and it did a good job, got us confused acouple times in round-abouts but you dont have to deal with that here. The garmin was easy to use and straight forward. I would reccomend either Tomtom or Garmin.

Let me save you a few hundred buck Jesse…

TransCan (Hwy #1) West.
Continue for 3 Days.
If you hit the coast you’ve gone too far.
Keep you windows rolled up in Manitoba. Blackflies as big as hummingbirds.
Safe drive.

i have garmin nuvi 260…
it’s awesome.

Maggellan

Works great

Garmin

i know how to use one garmin was garbage tom tom works a okay

Garmin 350, used it on numerous trips to houses i had to work at downtown and trips to the states. Just make sure you have toll route settings turned “ON” if your down in the states otherwise it takes you long ways to avoid toll routes.

I have the garmin nuvi 360. Fucking amazing.

You cannot go wrong with Garmin or Tomtom, both quality brands in the GPS market.

garmin gets the job done right. tom tom is more of a toy. and i’ve heard they are not so good.

i got the garmin nuvi 260. love it.

Mr. T gonna get you there is one piece! hahahaha

Tom Tom GO920?

i got a new tomtom Go 720 for $270 shipped off ebay from a canadian seller
it worked great on the trip to Novascotia , even though i hadnt updated the new map.
if u have the time keep checking ebay for deals.

I’ve used a tomtom one on a trip to NovaScotia as well as EU (Amsterdam to Paris to Germany, etc) and it worked just fine.

BTW: You can find downloadable maps for the tomtom, I don’t know about the garmin…

My rules of thumb:

1. Get tomtom or garmin
  2. Bluetooth linking is just a toy and you’ll never use it.
  3. Suction cup marks on your windshield are theft targets.
  4. Have road-maps handy in case the gps fails.