GR2 VS TOKICO BLUES

So not long ago i asked if anyone had an extra tokico front passenger shock for sale, mine is looking prettty crappy. No one had it and to order 1 brand new its costing me as much as ordering 2 frong gr2 shocks. So i was wondering what do u guys think of gr2’s vs tokico blues. Cuz it only seems logical to order 2 brand new gr2’s instead of 1 tociko, i’ll have gr2;s in the front and blues in the back. Of course if tociko is much stiffer etc i will just buy 1 front replacement. Any input will be apriciated.
Ps what only stores you guys use to order parts ?
And if i do order gr2’s i can get entire set if anyone just needs rears save $ on shipping.

in most cases tokico is just a stock shock replacement. go for the gr2’s.

they are both junk jsut save your pennies and buy coilovers.

Agreed. A true coilover will beat a shock/spring combo pretty much any day of the week. In all honesty unless you are going to modify the shock for the ride high you are planning to use it will never work as well as it could.

Yup.

But you will notice the GR-2’s a tad softer, as the blues are a semi-performace strut. Next best thing is KYB AGX’s.

yeah, go for some KYB AGX, theyre adjustable so you can make them match your rears very nicely. You can get them fairly cheap too. I have some on order right now accually and the set of four is under $500.

And coilover are about 1000.

i guess i don’t drift averywhere i go and i don’t drift too much in general besides shit and gigles , so i am not going to blow 1000$ on coils thats the reason i had tokico and some lowering springs in the 1st place when it came to ordering suspension. For daily driver its much stiffer than oem shiet and cheaper than coils , lets say for what i use my car it works just fine. So thanks for advice but i am loking at this specific comeperesent from people who had expiriences with bleus and gr2 only.
Also tokico is much stiffer than oem and its not oem replacement at all , monroe Gabrielle etc is oem . Tokico Gr2 seem too be in same class, but tokico is more expensive for odd reason thats why i wanted to see how different they are from those with direct expirience with both. Or similar combo of gr2 in the front and tokico in the back.
Someone said gr2 are tad softer than toico , is it going to be too noticible …this is more on topic here.
Hey where u get AGX for 400 bill from? and how long is back order.

ummm shocks and springs will cost u 1100, i did it once…never again…coilovers all the way to go. time to grow into a real car enthusist…stop being a cheap ass!!!

st springs
2X tokico blue struts
2X tokico illuminas only costed me like…700 give or take with shipping.

I just payed for my shocks and springs and they will be in my hands in 2-3 business days.
4X KYB AGX
4X tein S-tech springs
all for $800 including shipping. Shocks were in stock, springs took a while to order in.

If you are seriously interested in these send me a PM and I’ll pass on the contact info.

umm i am not sure if explained myself clear but i am not meantally chalanged and i know coils is a way to go for past 6 years ok, so i don’t need to be told as to what to do to my own car. And in case someone wasn’t reading i already have tokico and springs so i don’t need to buy 4 just 1 , all i am doing is replacing 1 shock !!! So i wanted to know 1 damn thing
“tokico or gr2”
,cuz while ordering i noticed gr2 is 1/2 price of tokico. So i asked how different is gr ftom tokico , cuz i rather buy 2 gr2 and have a spare tokico than buy 1 tokico for the same price. I am not gonna throw away 3 perfectly good shocks and 4 springs to get coils. But instead of tokico and gr2 differences all i hear is all this drift kings tell me get coils, while i never even asked 1 thing about coils
Anyway i made up my mind :
Anyway i am ordering gr2 they are 89$ +shipping for 2 front ones. So i’ll have gr2 in the front tokico in the back.
If someonme here paid 1000$ for springs +tokico’s there is something wrong , go see a doctor.
Tokico blues are 250+ 60$ shipping on the bay so 350-380$can and springs used 50-100$ new 100-200$ .

You get what you pay for, and sometimes you pay to much.

BAHAHAHa

i remember when i got my AGX’s and tein combo.

About 400 for the struts and 200 for the springs. They were a good step up from stock but absolute garbage compared to coilovers. Especially for a dailey driver. My coils are dampened alot nicer are about the same stiffness. I believe LeRenard has my set still.