Tokico Blues w/ 2.25" drop

So I have an oppurtunity to get some Tokico blues for my accord for $100 shipped w/ only 3000 miles on them. I am going to want a 2.25" drop this summer and would match these w/ some Skunk2 coilovers. I know the blues aren’t the best for over 1.75", but will 2.25" be to much? No opinions please, has anyone had these? Whats your experience with them?

If no good, my search will continue for true coilovers.

If you look at the imports I posted, my sisters car that I DD (yellow 89 prelude) is CRUSHED on H&R Race springs and Tokico blues. That drop has to be at least 2.25". The ride is actually really good. Its not stiff by any means, but it is not bouncy or annoying. I’d buy them again for sure.

cool, thanks…i just don’t want the ricer bounce at all. Do you have camber kits installed, how about tire wear/?

no camber kits, but it could definitly use them.

Blues should be ok, at anything over 2 inches i’d possibly consider the Koni reds since sometimes their cost is really close to the blues. Plus the valving in the Konis will take most anything you can throw at it, but again the blues should be alright. Since you didn’t want opinions I have the Koni reds on the integra and they work awesome. And the civic use to run the tockio illumias (the adjustables) which aren’t that far off the blues in their valving. Also if your just street driving the car picking up a camber kit down the road wouldn’t be to bad of a idea.

i have the blues on my car but it’s only lowered 1.75". if you lower them below a certain height then tokico will void the warranty. so its kinda risky but its up to you.

I had up until last week Tokico blues with 2 inch sprint springs all around. The handling was pretty good and i drove that setup for the past 3 yrs. Never had any problems and the struts are still in good shape.

I’d own koni red’s, except how often to you tear them down and adjust them? To me it sucks to have an adjustable shock that isn’t externally adjustable.

You just crank them all the way up and hope for the best?

The koni reds at full stiff i’m told are good to take on springs around 400lbs. So in otherwords no don’t crank them the whole way up lol. Right now they are just in the rear of the integra, about a half a turn down from full stiff (its like 3 turns lock to lock I think?). Honestly they could probaly be down almost another half turn, they are still a little to stiff and skip over small bumps. Plus keeping them not fully cranked up will help them live a little longer. Since the reds are on my beater I have no intention of tearing them down really its not that big of a deal to me. Obivously if you have the cash the Koni yellows are the way to go, they are pretty much the standard for performance shocks. I know of alot of cars locally that run them and usually send them to get rebuilt every 2-3 years (less your hardcore and do it every year and get custom valving installed, etc).

Check this out it will teach you more about their shocks than just me ranting. If you know nothing about shocks you’ll at least know something when its over hehe.
http://www.koni-na.com/presentations/civic/

Just save up and get some full coilovers. Why settle for what you dont really want.

I had progress springs (2" drop) and tokico blues on my civic before I got the omni’s and they road way nicer on the street.