Grammar police... where are you?

If you’re going to yell at the casual poster here, hopefully you’re emailing wkbw and holding them accountable as well.

http://www.wkbw.com/news/local/9709442.html

Buffalo Police Officer David Garcia was injured in a hit and run accident while responding to a call on South Park Avenue in Buffalo on June 30th. He was on duty at the time. He died 28 days later in a funeral without full police death benefits. His partner told 7 News that he believes his partner died in the line of duty, but that his in dispute. Buffalo Police tell 7 News they are looking into what happened.

I guess it’s convenient to die in a funeral. At least they don’t have far to move you.

:funny:hahahaha

David Garcia WAS the grammar police, duh.

I’m pretty sure you missed one, straight out of the SAT’s or GMAT’s or something:

His partner told 7 News that he believes his partner died in the line of duty,

While that’s a bit of a shitfuck, I’m pretty sure that you can’t use the same pronoun (he/his) for 2 different people in the same sentence. What that’s saying is:

Garcia’s partner told 7 News that Garcia believes Garcia’s partner died in the line of duty,

^ Good point. I think my brain just has a failsafe. After so many grammar mistakes or 9/11 conspiracy posts it just auto-ignores.

Wait a minute, WTF?
Was he working a funeral(traffic, etc) when he died?
What is in dispute?
That whole article is f’ed up!

I think it’s saying he died 28 days later, and had a funeral without full police benefits. They’re disputing whether or not he died in the line of duty. I think they let an engineer write the article.

[quote=“AWDrifter,post:6,topic:35189"”]

That whole article is f’ed up!

[/quote]

That was the point of my post. :stuck_out_tongue: