Gran Turismo 5 General Discussion Thread

+1 is it really worth it?

Meh, you dont really need to buy the tracks if you race online, theres a shit ton of people who have it. the paints arent really anything spectacular, ones you use 'em you lose 'em. If you do the online events you can win the new helmets and suits. but the cars are worth it, STI TC and CR-Z TC are awesome on Spa. I’ve beaten people in GT-Rs with my CR-Z on Spa… :lol:lol

Ended up buying the dlc x4 completely by mistake since I’m a dope and thought it wasn’t working. At first I was pissed but then I called sony and told em what happened. I got refunded for 3/4 purchases but now have 4 of all the cars, suits and paint chips :smiley:

Love driving Spa with the r10 or f07, staying flat out through eau rouge is so much fun. Kart space is sick with carts and geared down f1s and stuff lol. We ought to get some races together once winter really hits.

What view do you guys play in? I always used the 3rd person where you can see the whole car on older GT games, but find I use the 1st person with the center tach/speedo. 3rd person view in this one annoys me, the car takes up too much screen.

Gran Turismo will never be worth playing without this:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgPvRSAdK6o&feature=related[/ame]

^ Def agree. and I always liked;
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8UYGQeavRw[/ame]

Definitely worth it. GTR TC is an animal on the Nurburgring.

SEND ME GOLD PAINT!!! :rofl
Seriously, is there a car you would like?

You want that metallic gold shit right? Ill send you a couple chips, my collection is far too classy for gold paint :rofl It might be a couple days before I get around to taking MW3 out the playstation though.

anyone have a 787B for sale/trade?

FUCK YES! Prince Sultan of Dubai gold paint :rofl
Next time I turn the PS3 on I’ll send you a car.

Nope, I don’t think I have come across one yet either.

Since the update I’m noticing a significant lack of feedback from the G27. Anyone notice this? It makes it much harder to observe understeer for me.

I think I saw something about a possible update to address that, I could be wrong though.

Not sure if you guys are aware (I wasn’t) but they fucked up the car gifting and now you can only send cars worth <1,000,000 cr’s Pretty fucking weak since most the cars under that are pretty easy to get on your own… Also I had lent out multiple formulaGT’s, an f2010 and a minolta that no longer can be sent back to me :ahh I have no idea when they even started this chicken shit bull shit.

Just turned it on and found out I can’t send any of the DLC paint chips or Car coupons to anyone “cannot gift this item” comes up when I try. GT5 would be a much more entertaining game if it didn’t take itself so seriously. WTF, well if there’s any other non DLC paint anyone needs I have a bunch of weird colors, not much in the way of metallics, but some matte’s. Or if there’s any under 1,000,000cr cars people are looking for I got a large used collection.

That sucks!
I didnt know that as well, I guess when people abuse it they crack down - but still, I paid for the game, let me have fun with it. After all, its a GAME.

Good Catch! :retardclap

Oh, BTW… Its been that way since March 3rd…

I finally figured out how to scam cheap money from this game. I’m on a buying spree, 787B and the entire Chaparral collection will be mine.

^ Seven Fireblade is fun when fully modded :lol Edit Nvm thats a Caterham

what the hell. No 2E or 2F in the game? This is BS

And why do I have all these shitty cars that I don’t want but they won’t give me any money to sell them.

send me cars singh336 is my XBL

how is that, other than running a b-spec grinder on a 2nd account and just set your drivers to run all the time?