Gran Turismo 5 Demo Hits December 17

w00t!

It REALLY sucks though that they’re not extending the GT Academy to Canada :frowning:

I was happy as pigs in shit. Till I saw nascar in the game.

I’m not a fan of Nascar at all myself, but I have a feeling my opinion will change once I play GT5.

Two recently new quotes from Kazunori:

Nascar
“The most difficult part is actually NASCAR. Their rules are really, really complex. It’s almost the difference between soccer and American football. I’m not quite sure of just how much of NASCAR’s rules we’ll be able to implement but we’re going to try.”

Damage
“The damage physics are going to be applied to things like a bent suspension arm, tires hitting the wheel wells of a car, deformation of the body affecting alignment, the loss of power to the engine. We’re still working on setting the sensitivity level of of the damage. You can have it so if you have a single hit your car isn’t going to be able to be driven anymore. It’s a matter of adjustment.”

Nascar is a pretty good autosport, sure it looks boring but its fast and dangerous just like the others… dont hate a game cause of nascar… i bet if you play it you will get your ass kicked by it and will drive you to challange yourself to beat that part of the game.

In real life NASCAR driver give alot of respect to drifters and other motorsports… They deserve the respect back. Cause it is not as easy as it looks!

I love GT, but forza 3 has also made me super happy.
GT brings up the whole “should i get a ps3” problem for me again.

I’m known as the “Forza 3 basher” around here…and I don’t want to start again as I said I’d stop…BUT, I did finally have a chance to play it with the Microsoft wheel the other day.

Forza 3 has more cars than GT5P (and obviosuly the new demo), has great car noises, some lush looking environments, and a bunch of other neat things.

BUT, the fact is, it just can’t compare to playing GT5P with a Logitech G25. I think the steering wheel differences could account for a LOT of the dissatisfaction I get playing Forza.

That being said, Forza is entertaining – but GT5P is just so much more fun. If Microsoft let the G25 work (or maybe the ball is in Logitech’s court), I think it would be a totally different experience.

For the controlling hardware alone, GT wins for me. If you’re going to play both with a controller, then that’s a different story.

The answer to your question is YES… and ONLY for gt5, other games are just bonus.

lol dont fucking start this again…

keep the thread to JUST GT5 DISCUSSION thanks

whut did yu say bout nas-car

http://cdn.faniq.com/images/blog/4ba5d81ba6ee420512d329e7a20b42ce.jpg

wo-hoo, nascar boys, did you hear that?

i cant wait for the demo…and the full game…been to long and to much Prologue. lol

Only said it to answer Gatecrasher’s question.

Yes sir…cant wait

wtf
wasnt prologue a demo

Stock car racers get more respect from me than drag racers. Stock car racing, NASCAR included, is the second most basic form of autosport.

EDIT: And I don’t give a shit about another GT5 demo.

damage bitchessssssssss!