--- GRAND THEFT AUTO IV --- Thread!!!

I wish I knew what the DLC was going to be about. There are a few storylines that are open ended, such as the one with that eastern block crazy dude that attacks you before you kill vlad in the very beginning…

i havent played this game in a good week.

dunno why. I should really finish it

Online play keeps distracting me, horribly.

i just finished it last night. Now im waiting for the extra content.

I saved both endings, although revenge is the only one I fully finished. I did get threw most of the money ending, made it threw the wedding and saved it but haven’t seen what happens after.

I’m going back to beat BioShock, something that I should have done a long time ago.

so can you ever goto the airport without getting stars?

thats the thing i miss about san andreas, once you pass the pilot test you can take the planes. this one doesnt even have planes. the more i think about it the more i think this was in many ways a side step and not an improvement

I’d miss the planes more if Liberty City was as huge as SA was. In SA you NEEDED the planes if you wanted to go from one side of the map to the other because driving took so damn long.

there are so many other ways to travel across town that planes are meh.

I would almost agree with Rob (although I’m no where near as far), that this isn’t that big of an improvement from the asthetics and features. But I’ll be the first to say that the gameplay itself has hugely improved, and is pretty well polished.

so does it feel more like gta3 or san andreas?
die when you go in the water?

no dying when you go in the water. You are able to swim

planes would be useless in IV, hence why you only get HCs.

Eh, I wouldn’t go that far. I bet that harrier from SA would be a lot of fun in LC, ripping between the buildings and under bridges. I read somewhere that they would have serious clipping issues when flying the faster jets from SA in LC which is why planes were dropped. Could be BS but it makes sense considering some of the clipping I’ve seen when you really get the Turismo spooled up coming down one of the long bridges leading into the city.

Anyone figured out where you can get another Infernus if you destroy the one you get from Bernie?

No, pissed me off, it was at my safe house and then I came out and it was gone…

At least there is a dealership on the middle island where you can pick up a Turismo 24/7/365.

Yeah that sealed the deal for my decision. Still, I would have opted for revenge without knowing the consequences.

I had to bump this because I finally have the game.
I really need to invest in a 1080.
I like the highbeams / low beams that was cool.
Blowing up an armored truck for the cash in the back is awesome.
Drunk driving almost always results in a police chase.
Thats a +
Its a little to easy to lose the police drunk or not tho.
:tup:

i was wondering where that car was. i used it on multiplayer a few times and liked the BOV sound they have lol