GrandCentral FTMFW

when you dial out you can show your GC# as your call id? how?

very cool

Sounds pretty sweet.

X…

Find a SIP client that allows you to send your own caller id.

Voipbuster gives you free calling from US to US. Find a provider that lets you shoot your own caller ID then link up the accounts. If you can’t do it for free, you sure as hell can do it cheaper than any home phone service.

over my head on the sip…i guess i have new acronyms to google.
you seem pretty educated on voip. what do you think of this:
http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1218443#post1218443

LOL. I design data and voice networks for big businesses so I am caught up. Haha.

SIP is a protocol that allows communication, status, messages, etc. over data networks. A SIP provider and a SIP device automatically work. Still a work in progress but becoming more and more popular.

Personally, I am not spent on those devices. ya they give you the ability to use your standard phone and give you more features but if you have a lot of people using your internet connection (ie. kids downloading, etc) then you are asking for problems. I have a 1.5mbps dsl line at home. If someone is downloading, voice calls will suck in quality and delay.

They do make USB phones that you can use with Skype or VoipBuster (Free US to US calling from your PC) and can use any SIP capable device and accomplish the same free calling. Couple that with a incoming number that people can use to call you which is only a few bucks a year and poof, you have yourself VoIP at home. Only problem with this is that you need your computer on 24/7 to get calls.

Looks good.

Oh hi, I can haz upgrades?

I really want invites, people are almost paying me for them lol

People are actually selling the invites on ebay.

http://www.google.com/googlevoice/about.html

This shit is even moar 1337 now. Google really is going to take over the planet.

SMS support works great. shows up in my regular sms box.

you see they have a bb app now? I wish i could have gotten in on this quicker. Oh well maybe i will get invited soon.

yep, downloaded it and used it. I’m prolly gonna really start using my GV#

what does the app do for you? just lets you manage the number better from the phone?

SMS with GV# from phone, call with GV# from phone, all native. its really neat.

holy ugly interface.

didnt check it out but for all those who missed out i guess you can get hooked up on www.inviteshare.com from people who arent using all theres and other stuff to be invited to as well

just an fyi…not sure if it helps much as i havent tried yet

heres a link to a hack for free inbound calls using it

:bigclap:

Free inbound calls? The whole service offers free inbound calls… and free outbound from the US to the US… I love the GV iPhone app. Can touch a contact in my phone and call them using my Google Voice number.