Green House? growing food?

so i am trying to eat for free 2014. with fishing, hunting, gathering and growing.

i have grown my own food since i was young but never enough to last me the year. so this year i have some plans.

i want to build a green house. something simple with wood frame or pvc. but i have no clue what to use for the glass or see through plastic. do any of you guys know local places with used windows or free broken windows?

also do you know any spots that sell the green house plastic that the light passes through?

i will post more about my goal of trying to eat free later in the year. but right now i want a green house for this season. most of my veggies get eaten by bugs or die from watering with clay soil. so the green house should help that.

also with a green house i could have plants growing producing me food even in winter.

so if any of you guys have anything good to say or info on anything i posted here please post it.

thanks

pitman, are you a prepper?

harbor freight sells greenhouses, idk if i’d want to trust oen though.

I will be starting a garden this year for my wife as well.

Grow weed and sell it. Use profits to buy food.

for real doe

grow weed

my neighbor has a sick green house with all sorts of shit in there that she doesn’t use anymore.

lmao im not a prepper like the guys on youtube or tv that think a emp will kill people.

i like storing food that i know what went into it, while its cheaper, and where it came from. now a days in the market we have fruit from all over the world. even from places the fda doesnt regulate the pesticides or fetrizilers. alot of things in the food causes alot of problems. most canned shit has too much sodium too. but the stuff i can does not.

some foods go up in price hundreds of % from last year. so if i can make my own food thats healthy thats a win win for me. plus i have been growing my own foods since baby.

i dont want to buy a kit green house as they cost too much $$$$. i just want the plastic cover or a bunch of free glass windows and doors. i could pay a few bucks each for used windows too

i am a bigger guy too so i eat alot more than most lil people. so the cost for me to eat is higher than small guys.

i have my own compost too and make compost tea for the garden. catch rain water then filter it for free watering

hahahah. if that was a legal option i would. plus i would need to sell it so i would need to know who to sell it to. i cant go in hannaford with weed and buy fruit.

So true. It makes food shopping really annoying sometimes.

whattttttt. see if she will let me grow in that son of bitch. i will have a bunch of organic herbs and veggies. i would give her family some and you guys if you dont follow the bill that makes it illegal for us to trade veggies. S-510 could land me in jail if i grow tanatoes and give you some. so we would have to work out a legal thing

yes in america genticly modified foods no longer have to be labeled

I think your best bet might be indoors with grow lights. You have to think a greenhouse will only stay warm in the sun. Cold well below freezing nights and long periods of cloudy weather in the winter can’t be good for the crops.

so what

ill eat 20lb tomatoes for days, who gives a fuck if they have some moose dna in them

too much potassium? eat a damn banana or two

and chase it with a 2-liter of sprite

indoors is good too. i usually start my seedlings inside then plant outside. but that is a good option to flower inside.

look up a cold frame.
[ame=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=446WshBQW-4”]Winter Gardening Using Cold Frames - YouTube[/ame]

they grow in winters in ny. adding light in greens house is a must for winter. i might need a heater but i would hope the plants would create heat with the light and then have the frame hold the heat and i should be good

Yeah I don’t know. My only growing experience is helping my parents in the garden growing up. I just know they always make a big deal about the first frost of the year because it ends the growing season.

[ame=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FavRIg6S3Z8”]Senate Bill S510 “JUST PASSED THE SENATE!” These Criminals - YouTube[/ame]

i think i posted about this s-510 bill when i first signed up.

“If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” ~ 1997 internet Thomas Jefferson

yes for most people thats the end. but for a few that know how to engineer and improvise its the start forr winter season

is this you pitman?

nope. thats pastor DoWell.

he has some good videos tho. i am not the most religious guy but i like to listen to people of all walks and colors. i think theres a bunch of things to learn from the people not the book.

i am white with a huge beard have indain in me 6ft4 300lbs. you will meet me one day.

http://www.farmtek.com/farm/supplies/home

That’s a good start. Might be cheaper to buy a kit from them rather than buy PVC and try to piece it together.

Just be like a regular farmer and grow enough food and freeze/can it :lol