grounding kit?

i was reading through some import magazine… usually they are kinda poseurs in these things but i read anyway for basically free horespower, allegedely.

so anyway,
they claim (and back up with dyno graph) that a solid metal plate that connected all of the coild packs on the same style engine as ours(coil on plug). just using a common ground made 5 hp !

i was curious as to if anyone else read this or if they know its viable or crazy or what?

Maybe the 5hp gains they got were actually .5hp gains.

Most people with these grounding kits report no gains, and only recommend them for people with high output stereos.

yeah, import tuner usually uses these in their dyno pages, and they show that it makes power. I’d like to see some evidence that people who’ve used these and claimed they’ve made no power. It could be that they didn’t hook it up right? I’ve got a set of these:

http://sunautomobile.com/products_hyperground.htm

I haven’t installed this yet, i’ll do it in the spring. Once my car is tuned, i’ll dyno it, install the grounding kit, then dyno again. . .Modified used this in their Project Silvia 240, and they included pics of where they installed them. I’ll also use the same grounding points . . .

I have an Apexi Superground on my car, and I wouldn’t say that it made any power, but it did smooth out my idle and reduce the idle/power drop when using the A/C and other electrical accessories. I bought it for the extension of the life of my electrical system though, not for the supposed power gains.

since were talking about this…

will a 40$ gounding kit be as good as a 120$ one?
like will it make a big difference if i get the cheap one?
i just dont see what can make the big difference in a grounding kit if its only wires!

The gauge of wire can make a difference. The Apexi one comes with a voltage stabilizer in it, but for just wires I’m sure the performance of most of them are relatively equal.

bigger the gauge of the wire = better ground wire kit right?

^^ not trying to answer your question with this . . .just to let you know

i found this on sun auto’s web page. The reason I keep bringing these guys up is because i’ve seen tons of dynos with their product and on each one, it works . . .

How much horsepower/torque will I gain with Hyper Ground System?
As with any product, the amount of benefit gained will vary between applications. Some applications we have tested have gained 16+ horsepower, but the average gain seems to be between 3-6 horsepower. Hyper Ground System is not a product that is used to boost your vehicles power; it is designed to increase efficiency in the electrical system to help your vehicle operate at its full potential. A good comparison would be to examine the effect of changing the intake and/or exhaust system of your vehicle. By allowing the car to gbreatheh easier by installing a higher flowing exhaust and/or intake system, horsepower which is otherwise lost to system inefficiencies is restored. Similarly, Hyper Ground System affects your electrical system in the same manner. So, how inefficiently your factory electrical system is operating in its current condition will determine how much power can be restored by installing Hyper Ground System. One thing to consider is that virtually 100% of our customers are completely satisfied with their Hyper Ground System purchase, and simply amazed that such a simple addition could help their vehicle perform so much better.

Hyper Ground System is just a bunch of wires; I can make my own set with speaker wire for a fraction of the cost so why should I spend over $100 for yours? Why should I buy Hyper Ground System when other companies sell something similar for a fraction of the cost?
Sun Automobile develops, markets, and manufactures its products to provide the highest quality, reliability, and performance value available. Hyper Ground System was designed from scratch by our engineers and has been tested and proven to be highly effective. The cables used in Hyper Ground System are unique; in fact, the cables are made to our proprietary design that our engineers have developed to provide the lowest resistance electrical connection while minimizing electrical interference. Our 99.99% pure copper, 1477 strand, multi-layered shielding design is unlike anything else available. Unlike off-the-shelf wire, Hyper Ground System was designed specifically for its use. As a provider of OEM parts to Mitsubishi, Subaru, Toyota, Nissan, etc. it is required for us to meet or exceed their standards for durability, temperature resistance, corrosion resistance, etc. For you, this means you are getting a product which is much better quality, durability and performance than something you can piece together on your own or purchase from our competitors. Sun Automobile was the first company to research, develop, and successfully market grounding systems to consumers, so choosing to purchase Hyper Ground System identifies you as an educated person who understands the importance of thoroughly researched, superior quality and performance products.
Hyper Ground System comes complete with the hardware and instruction manual. If you choose to install the product yourself, all you need are basic hand tools and a little time to complete installation. Our competitorsf product, which often does not include instructions, does not offer technical support, is often constructed with inferior materials, and is not necessarily proven to be effective. Constructing your own kit, which requires you to source (inferior) materials, involves labor and time for assembly, without any guarantee of effectiveness or even risk of damaging components in your vehicle, does not necessarily guarantee a proper installation or effectiveness to increase electrical efficiency. Furthermore, adding the cost of your time and labor on top of the cost of materials would probably amount to more than the cost of our kits, and would not include our technical support should any issues arise.

^^^ thanks bc i really didnt want to read all that lol.

i’m not forcing you. . .it’s just for your reading pleasure. . … :E

just take a multi meter and plug one to the negative chasis ground and then start poking (non-positive) things with the other end. If theres voltage plug some wire. They arent going to give you a speed boost. It’ll just make the grounds better and thus better electronic stability.