GT-R coming to America

Nissan GT-R

“Hear that rumbling off in the distance? It isn’t thunder it’s the sound of the new performance car king making its way to our shores. Porsche, Corvette and Ferrari owners be afraid, the GT-R is coming.” AOL autos

full story here (im sure theres other places to read this too)

http://cdn.channel.aol.com/channels/09/07/45c38cb9-00139-03592-400cb8e1

http://cdn.channel.aol.com/channels/09/07/45c38cba-002e8-03592-400cb8e1

wouldnt it be nice to see one of these roll up at one of our meets?
but with a price of about $70,000, i dont think we will :frowning:

“The upcoming version, which will hit dealer showrooms in late 2007 or early 2008”

enjoy.

I thought these were going for roughly 90,000 USD? I saw that a couple months ago though so I could be wrong…

one of the guys from ottawa has already put a deposit on it. so its not impossible that one will be in one of our meets. he usually comes down here once in a while for meets during spring and summer with his nsx.

Yeah, I thought MSRP was gonna be $100000 in Canadian Currency…

If it’s $70000 CAD for one of those, I’m gonna start saving up, haha

fyi those pics are hella old. There are new spy shots fo the the test version of the car. And note that it said America, not Canada…we have slightly more strict standards (the 5mph test) that prevents some vehicles (especially those with FMIC) to make it pass the Canadian border.

with the GT-R rumoured to be twin turbo, lets pray that either the FMIC passes the test or it’s not an FMIC.

^ It’s an FMIC, you can see it in some of the photos. There’s no hood scoop for the TMIC either.

i think the article is referring to 70k USD, which is about 84K CDN, after taxes and delivery you’ll be paying pretty much $100,000 CDN for the new GTR.

you could always whore yourself out to 50 ladies for $2000 each …

… or 2000 ladies for 50 bux each "D "D

i’d better start then. lol.:wink:

i would suggest starting on jarvis street downtown :wink:

^^^ How the hell do you know this??? experience? LOL

well duh, how do you think i paid for my TT 350z "D "D "D

^ richard, you are one sick bastard… hahaha

Now go whore out some more and give me money so I can have a TT setup too.

1. Get a GT-R
  2. ???
  3. Profit!

riiight … i’m going to go and whore myself out and GIVE YOU the money like some sort of pimp/prostitute arrangement :stuck_out_tongue:

back on topic, as much as the new GTR will have impressive figures, for some odd reason the styling still doesn’t really float my boat. something about it that looks “off” to me :hmm

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/7186/idhitthatxo5.jpg

In all seriousness, that back end is hideous…

the 5mph hour test is probably gonna ruin it for us just like it did with the evo whats the point of that test if the damage is over $500 car fails?

which makes me wonder it’s possible for Ferraris, Lambos and other super cars to sustain less than $500 damage from a 5mph crash.

i have see a pic of an older white lambo with a black bumper put on in order to be driven in canada but it looked bad