GT-R Proto Thread

wicked… that vid makes me more pumped about the GT-R

lets just hope it gets released here with teh same specs as japan

not… :frowning:

Nissan is long overdue for another turbo car here in North America. I just hope its lives up to the “hype”. Oh and 6000 rpm redline? They may as well have thrown a V8 in it.

dude its all about the looks.

Once I get more “official” information on the GT-R I’ll make sure I’ll posit it up.

Damn I want one

Man i’m pumped about the new GT-R. I’m considering getting one next year :E . I love the new look of it, not a big fan of a V-series engine, but the technology going into it is extreme. Cosworth for engineering, lotus for handling and much more. There’s so many “rumors” of what sized engine will go in it (3.5, 3.6, 3.8, 4.2) but hp numbers are always close to the 500hp mark. I can’t see that video that you guys posted (up at camp) but the spies say that it sounds like a paddle shifter. Man i’m pumped!

You not a fan of the VQ…Its been on the top ten best engine list for 12 years…the list has existed for 12 years.

This is a quote ( http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0EIN/is_2005_Dec_16/ai_n15949530 )

The Nissan (Nasdaq:NSANY) 3.5-liter VQ V6 engine has been named to the annual Ward’s 10-Best Engines list for the 12th straight year by Ward’s Communications, Inc. It is the only engine that has been part of the list every year the award has been presented.

You not a fan of the VQ…Its been on the top ten best engine list for 12 years…the list has existed for 12 years.

This is a quote ( http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0EIN/is_2005_Dec_16/ai_n15949530 )

The Nissan (Nasdaq:NSANY) 3.5-liter VQ V6 engine has been named to the annual Ward’s 10-Best Engines list for the 12th straight year by Ward’s Communications, Inc. It is the only engine that has been part of the list every year the award has been presented.[/quote]

Yo so got that from me, j/k

It’s gonna’ be a solid motor, I can only imagine what it’ll sound like, maybe like the Gs and Zs, except sexier.

I didn’t mean VQ. . .i meant V-series as in V6’s. . .v8’s. . . I guess i’m just stuck on straight engines but i haven’t driven anything with a VQ yet. I guess we’ll have to see … .

It would be mad sick if they put the VK45 in it and turboed, but word on the street is that it’s a VQ33DETT

kinda messed up… then again i’ve heard every motor and combination of force induction…

Inline 4, Inline 6, v6, v8, v10, single turbo, twin turbo, supercharger, super turbo…

I had to laugh at the kid who “told” me that they announced that its a V10 Super Turbo… :roll:

It would be mad sick if they put the VK45 in it and turboed, but word on the street is that it’s a VQ33DETT[/quote]

I have also heard about the VQ33DETT. Destroked from the 350Z motor.

The engine i “heard” it had, and hoping they have: VQ36DETT. 600cc i’m told is the optimal size for turbo, the turbo’s are going to have some some electrical management so that they’re always spooled. . . wouldn’t that be fun? fact or fiction? only time will tell. . .

I’m going to put a poster on my wall of the R35’s ass, then a thermometer showing how much i’ve saved and then how much i have to go. . . :partyman:

Quad turbo twin supercharged with Nitrous :E Also has afterburner feature.

wondering if this is a hoax or the final product. . .

I dunno… a while back nissan registered the 3.7 related names like 370Z and G37 but who knows…

Enjoy.

sounds good so far i just hope they have some turbos,forced induction ftmfw

Can we stop calling it the R35 now?

fixed. . . :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

http://www.gtrproto.com/

can’t wait till they open this one up 8)