GT-R Proto Thread

What’s everyone’s thoughts on the new GT-R scheduled to be released next year? Anyone planning/hoping on getting one? Anyone know of any more press releases other than just photos, like specs or prices?

Post it all here :partyman:

not a fan of it right now. personally i have my eyes on the altima coupe

i am sure i will change my mind once i see it

gt-r 35 = fugly

no offence but come on NISSAN what with the string of fubly looking cars lately. Don’t tell me you are rubbing off of TOYOTA

I think Chris Bangle’s retarded cousin now works for Nissan.

I just hope it has less than 340HP.

I dont know why but I hope an R32, with simple mods, can still beat it.

Although with Nissan targetting it to compete against Porche Im sure that wont happen.

What is this altima coupe you speak of?

And the new GTR? I actually kind of like it, reserving judgement until I see it in the flesh.

http://www.jalopnik.com/assets/resources/2006/10/nissan_altima_coupe.jpg

http://images.leftlanenews.com/content/3-oct23-alt.jpg

thats probably my next car. its fwd though

nice… hadn’t seen that.

If I was looking for a bigger car, that would be on the list!

Wow. I’m not a big fan of the cosmetic changes they made to the Altima for '07, but the coupe looks pretty slick from those pictures. I’ll be curious to see if it actually happens, since none of the documentation I’ve received from Nissan so far has mentioned anything about a coupe…

I am remortgaging my house so I can get one …

its a lhd scatty… :E

i love the new gtr (the silver armor over black look)

i hope the actual car is the same as the concept

Hell yah, im taking a second mortgage out along with selling everything inside it to I can get one.

not to be a stickler, but is it really called an R-35 GTR, the V35 skyline has already been in Japan (JDM G35) so with that said i doublt it would be an R35. this would be the 36th gen. just my 2cents

Taken From another site

Nissan GT-R
Storming GT-R gets off to flier!
The sensational Nissan GT-R supercar eats Ferraris and Porsches for breakfast. Full report and video footage
By Peter Lyon 18th October 2006

Despite disguise, aggressive styling of Nissan’s all-new supercar is clear to see

Under the skin, the GT-R packs an incredible punch; its specially built 480bhp 3.8-litre V6 engine features twin turbos tuned by motorsport expert Cosworth

Called the GT-R, the new model was snapped by our spies at Germany’s Nürburgring circuit. It was under¬going high-speed testing that saw it break the eight-minute barrier for the first time, with a lap of seven minutes, 58 seconds.

Wearing only minor camouflage on the front end and tail, the model is virtually undisguised, and it’s immediately obvious just how aggressive it is. Using sharp edges and angles, the stylists have evolved the current car’s shape with a recognisable but futuristic design.

And from the low nose to the shark gill-like side air intakes and high rear - complete with its smart boot spoiler and twin circular tail-lights - the GT-R looks stunning. Detailing is beautiful, too, with NACA bonnet ducts and blacked-out A-pillars echoing a jet fighter cockpit. As Skyline enthusiasts will know, the looks aren’t only for show. Under the skin, the GT-R packs an incredible punch; its specially built 480bhp 3.8-litre V6 engine features twin turbos tuned by motorsport expert Cosworth.

Keen to make the newcomer competitive with current supercars, as well as the forthcoming V10-powered Lexus LF-A, Nissan engineers have tweaked the V6 to provide boost from 2,000rpm all the way to the 6,000rpm red line.

Compared with the previous model’s high-revving straight-six, the new powerplant is said to feel far more torquey, offering throttle response similar to that of a large V8. All this power is sent to the tarmac via a totally fresh four-wheel-drive system.

Details are sketchy, but the set-up won’t feature a centre differential, and is likely to use a clever clutch instead. A new six or seven-speed gearbox with two pedals - similar to VW’s DSG - will feature, as there will be no manual.

Set to get its official world debut at the Tokyo Motor Show in a year’s time, the GT-R could go on sale in the UK in 2008 with a price of around £50,000.

See the GT-R spitting flames track testing at the Ring. Link below.
More NISSAN GT-R:
• Auto Express TV, Video Features: Nissan GT-R

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/front_website/video.php?id=200241

Looks like it may be very “'not slow”. :tonqe:

i like very not slow cars

I have been considering getting one I would wait and see the reviews it gets in Japan when it is released there. The other consideration is 100K on a car is about the worst investment you could ever make.

Who cares what it looks like with numbers like that.

That said, I love the way the new car looks, especially the back end. It’s one of the best looking rears Nissan’s come out with in quite awhile, in my opinion. :slight_smile:

fire+exhaust=balls

I know, lame 2+2 but whatever.