[GT5] '69 Camaro Historic International Touring Spec Series

Welcome to the CHIT Series :tup:

This might be a bit too hardcore of the usual GT game audience but there might be a few of you looking for something more technical. Enjoy!

REGISTRATION OPEN: Season 1 - Race 1 (see post #7)

UPDATED DATE AND TIME. EU TIMEZONE FRIENDLY

Event Rule:

Event Concept:

* To provide competitive & simulation like online Spec Camaro racing reminiscent of the 1969 Trans-Am era on the GT5 gaming platform. Objective is to have fun, clean racing for all level drivers.

Vehicle Specification:

* Car: 1969 Chevrolet Camaro [Premium Car]
* Color: Any colors
* Wheel: Any wheels

Allowable Modification:

* Car: Race Modification
* Chassis: Chassis Reinforcement
* Engine: ECU Tuning, Stage 2 Engine
* Intake: Racing Filter, Intake Manifold
* Exhaust: Sport Cat, Exhaust Manifold
* Drivetrain: LSD
* Tires: Racing Hard
* Any settings within adjustment limits is allowed.

Driver Equipment:

* Any PS3 compatible gaming steering wheel with pedal box.
* Drivers are encouraged to use H-Shift if equipped for maximum fun and realism.
* Drivers are encouraged to use cockpit view (drivers perspective) for racing for maximum fun and realism.

Minimum Driver Requirements:

* Holder of S license in GT5.
* Must agree to comply with event rule.

Race Sign Up Format:

* PSN ID: ________________
* Car Number: ____________ (first come first serve at beginning of season)
* Equipment: _____________ (wheel model)

Schedule & Location:

* Refer to sign up thread/post for latest schedule.
* Race event and official practice will be hosted at organizers lounge server. PSN ID = rocketpunch1221
* 1 race per week, 5 races at 5 different circuits per race season.
* Depends on interest. Satellite event may be hosted by individual group/region provided the group agree to adhere to this event rule and the predetermined season circuit roster.
* Individual group wish to host a satellite event shall inform organizer for such intent via forum PM system, for updates and communication. 

• First come first server for each race with top 5 points leader of a season having entry priority.
  • Registration time and date will be announced 1 day after a race day.

Race Format:

* 2 heat, reverse grid per race day.
* Max. 10 mins break between heats.
* Duration of race TBD, but no single heat shall last longer than 30 mins.
* Up to 10 cars per race.
* Up to 6 Spectators are allowed per heat. No Spectators shall be in hot pit or track at anytime during official practice or race.
* Ideally no race day should last longer than 1 hour including break between heats.
* Special endurance races may be included to combine 2 heat into 1, which shall last no longer than 1 hour total.

Race Day Schedule

* 30 mins before race: Track Opens, Warm Up
*  5 mins before race: All race drivers must be on track or in "Hot Pit"

Points System (per heat, 20pts max per race day):

* 1st place 10 points
* 2nd place 8 points
* 3th place 6 points
* 4th place 4 points
* 5th place 2 points
* 6th place 1 point
* Only 4 race day points will be counted per season, this gives any one driver the ability to miss one race or exclude the poorest result from season points calculation.

Server Setting:

* No assist of any type, ABS will remain on.
* Boost: Off
* Grid: Reverse Grid
* Off track/wet traction: Real
* Penalty: Weak
* Mechanical Damage: Heavy
* Number of cars per race: 10 MAX. (to ensure online play smoothness)
* Voice chat shall be disabled for race event

Racing Conduct:

* Drivers are encouraged to avoid contact. In the event that a driver hits another driver that is further in front and cause him/her to lose time, control or off track. The driver from behind who instigated the incident must remain behind that driver until he/she is back on the track for at least 5 seconds before attempting to pass again.
* Different circuits might have special conditions pertaining corner cutting in addition to the system's penalty measure. Driver should pay attention to "Special Conditions" for the race during the registration process.
* All driver should save race replay for record.

Protest:

* Forward all inquires or protest directly to event organizer via PM system ONLY and within 2 days after race day. Do not discuss any matter that you might have about a certain driver's conduct or vehicle legality in the open forum.

Last Rule:

* Have fun.

I am trying to get a DEMO car up in my lounge, so bare with me; Kinda low on cash…:crazy:

is there a link so I can share with “non-forum” people?

Can you link them to this thread? or just copy and paste? I have my email on the poster for contact.

nevermind. Linked them to gtplanet. I didn’t want to link someone from work to shift…

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

I wonder why…

I should be able to do this if its only one day a week…Ill keep checking this thread for updates…

Season 1 - Race 1: Laguna Seca - 17 Laps

Event Location:
PSN ID rocketpunch1221 Lounge

Practice: Dec 17, 2010 - 2 pm EST (GMT-5) <– UPDATED on 12/08/2010

Race Day: Dec 18, 2010 - 2 pm EST (GMT-5) <– UPDATED on 12/08/2010
…[Heat 1: 2~2:25 pm] <–UPDATED on 12/08/2010
…[Heat 2: 2:35~3 pm] <– UPDATED on 12/08/2010

Reference: http://www.worldtimezone.com/

PSN ID: _________________
Car Number: ____________ (first come first serve at beginning of each season)
Equipment: _____________ (wheel model)

Just bought the car…

PSN: GTP_SG_GSR
Car #: 22
Equipment: Logitech G25 wheel

Just a reminder…When you buy a new car and put miles on it the horsepower increases as the motor starts to break in so make sure you break the car in!!!

I updated the time and the race was pushed back a week. Forgot it takes 200k for the RM and got comments from EU people that they can’t join cause it will to late for them.

If only I didn’t suck, had a sim rig and wheel. played more, had an S license, and the money for the car.

Open to all level, the goal to is have fun; There will always be faster people. Was practicing for the MX5 Cup series the other day at Nurburgring GP/F, I would like to think I am ok fast, but I got whipped by 9s in a 4 lap race by the fastest guy using the exactly same car spec.

I will have a DEMO car shared in my lounge if you all wanted to test it out. :thumbup

I’ve set up a site for the series, check it out if you are interested.