GT500

I liked the commertial, but I wonder how the car is.

The GTO was a nice looking car, but I drove it a few times and it couldnt handle worth anything.

so was the suspension to soft? or the car just has all the money into that 500hp and everything else about it sucks

He said the GTO couldn’t handle. But i hate the new GTO it doesn’t look aggressive/muscle at all.

The new cobra is sexy, not much difference though on the exterior, but like that thing could destroy a Carrera Gt, pppssshh.

I havent driven the new Shelby GT500…just the typical GTO mustang you see everywhere now.

Im guessing as the body structure, asides from the engine bay is nearly identical that the suspension hasnt really changed between the models. Ford mentioned some changes, but there was no detail on it so Im also guessing the changes must not be huge.

Ya the 500HP is nice, but its a cast iron block v8…the car with a driver weights in at about 4, 100 lb.

I think this quote kinda sums up the vehicle…

“Car and Driver compared an early build 2007 Shelby GT500 with a 2006 Z51 package Chevrolet Corvette. The Shelby obtained a 12.9 second quarter-mile while the Corvette ran a 12.8. The Shelby had a 100 hp advantage over the Corvette, but a 616 lb weight disadvantage.”

-This is all stolen info off wikipedia-

It’s fat, what are the new saleens packing? like 600+?

More body roll than a fat hooker?

5.4 SC with 500 hp…Ill take one of those and throw just throw some suspension on it. No one can deny that this car would be fun as hell to drive.

you should write into top gear and express your opinions…

Hahahaha, fuck that was sweet Kent. He was friggen hauling ass in that thing… :lol:

i thought we were talking about the pontiac GTO, now i think were talking about the mustang gt, and now were at vauxhall, damn, i’m too noobz.

A vauxhal Manaro is a GTO… IS it that hard to see the resemblence…???

Touche, i never thought of them like that, whatever, Im a noob, shat up, lol.

Vauxhal is what GM should be like here…Too bad they are too stupid up at GM NA.

[quote=“nis_mo”]

Hahha powned

Hahha powned[/quote]

??? wrong car…why even post when its completely irrelevant?

Looks like our assumption that the handling is crap is true.

Yeah, im pretty sure he was talking about the FORD Mustang gto…not the new pontiac GTO.

That’s why i was so confused, lol! BUt i thought the mustang was called the “GT” or am i wrong again…i’m always wrong, drink my pain away :partyman:

GT emblem is in a circle, its nickname is the GTO.

Oh gotcha, thanks for the new info, this site teaches me something cool everyday. I really need a job…lol :partyman:

im sorry but when someone refers to GTO i assume you are talking about the original. new pontiac GTO not some gay fanboy name for a mustang GT.