GTO cornering ability

So I just got out of work and on my way home going up 787 I see this girl I work with who happens to have a LS2 GTO pass me. I obviously knew my em1 wouldnt even come close to keeping up with her. But when we both got off the Loudonville exit from I-90 I figured maybe I could give her a little bit of a run around the corner. Well as we entered the corner she booted it and pulled away from me, I mean completely dusted me. I was really impressed that a stock suspension goat could handle as good as it did. I mean I’ve spent some money on a good suspension in my car and Im not afraid of pushing it pretty hard in the corners. Do they really handle that much better than my car or do I need a driver mod?:facepalm

BTW i must have been doing maybe 60 or 65 around that corner so she had to be doing 70 or better

they handle pretty good for the wieght of them

damn right they do. I was surely amazed.

More importantly was she hot?

Most of the new domestic cars do handle very well. Theres a preconcieved notion that domestics “cant” handle.

Ones with IRS can handle anyway. SRA not so much without some work.

SRA’s handle just fine holmes:thumbup

Certainly not my car- it gets a little scary on some turns. My truck handles better.

Does it happen to be red, name Amanda???

if so, I know her pretty well :wink:

+1…my car handles extremely well for its size… .92 G’s on the skid pad bone stock.

Well you have a 20+yr old car with worn out parts…of course its not going to be a poster child for handling. My Mach1 and my 01Gt handled AWESOME!

dont hurt yourself with two bigs words in a row.

The SN95’s handled better than the shitty fox bodies stock anyway.
My car has new shocks and struts, sway bar links, etc and still sucks at cornering.

What is your car, what suspension setup are you using?

Maybe the most important factor: What tires are you/her using?

Im not the one in HS still:retardclap :lol

You just suck Paul…you suck

I shouldve bought something else I guess. Maybe when I unload this car Ill get something that handles.

JEEZ paul, it was a joke! :ponder :lol

There is something wrong about the way you think about your car. Not to derail this thread, which i know is going to happen, and I know im gonna get bashed for doing this. But there is NOTHING wrong with what you have for a platform of a car. It has potential to do whatever you want it to do, be it drag, turn, or just sit in a parking lot and look good. THey are a good handling, quick car from the factory.