GTO cornering ability

Mine just drives like a boat around corners. No idea why, it always has and stuff I did didnt help.
Unfortunately a strut tower brace wont clear my intake (I had one and tried).

Really I want a car thats moderately quick and handles great. Its just not going to be this car.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeMR2

yes, GTO’s actually handle quite well if i say so myself. sure aint not JP car, but they arent bad on the street. easily controlled too when the back comes out

The thing is though, it CAN be. Look at the SCCA guys moping shit up with the foxbodies on the road courses. Thats what i want to build eventually when I have some $ to throw at nothing.

http://www.mohud-scca.org/Solo/2009/2009_Season.html

^look for russ burckhard, 87 'stang. ran a 49.3. check how that compares to everyone else.

foxbodies, when set up properly, BOOGIE around corners

Nice work sir!:thumbup

I remember going to an autocross years ago and the second fastest vehicle of the day was a late 80’s ford ranger…fwiw.

:rofl

:lol yea most importantly

that was almost 10 years ago now… SEFCU is in that old parking lot.

no

:facepalm

HAHA my dad and i ran in that one, got asked never to come back.

yes she is…

I guess they do… Just leaves me to wonder why the hell im putting money into a 10 year old honda…:facepalm

Nope her name is Joy. Lives in colonie. Has a cbr 600 that she cruises with most of the time I guess. She mostly uses the goat to drive to work. She can deff “drive a car” pretty cool chick

Its a 99 civic Si. Omni street series coilovers. Omni front upper control arms, function 7 rear lower control arms, skunk 2 pro series rear camber arms. Megan racing front upper strut bar, Megan racing rear lower tie bar. The tires that are on it now are 205/50 15 Kuhmo escata MX in the front, escata ASX in the rear. I do need an alignment, but would it effect my handling that much?
Not sure what kind of tires she has, I know they are the factory 17s, so I think they are a 245/45

a bad alignment can 100% screw with you’re handling, i’ve been driving around unaligned for 5 weeks now :lol

Yeah but there comes a point when its time to stop dumping money into the same car over and over again, atleast for me.

Yeah I figured it wouldnt be great, but didnt think it would effect it all that much. Good thing Im getting my car aligned Monday

I would say your tires aren’t really the stickiest around…