GTO Crew - Slow, Black, LS2... anyone here?

Black LS2 Goat, tint, gold chain license pate holder… SUCKS at shifting.

Anyone on this site? If so, you’re car is slow :mamoru: And, no, i wasn’t :tspry:ing, the pig is just running that rich.

?

Damn, if it weren’t for the gold chain license thingy, I would have thought someone saw me out cruising.

[quote=“JUICEDSS,post:2,topic:31687"”]

Damn, if it weren’t for the gold chain license thingy, I would have thought someone saw me out cruising.

[/quote]

So, you admit that your getting slow? :stuck_out_tongue:

I dunno butch, for some reason you’re the last person I’d expect to try to race a pos’ish 2nd gen fbody down a two lane rd.

:sigh: gold chain license plate frame.

That fucker needs to sell his GTO and get an old school trans am, with the big gold bird on the hood.

[quote=“Nikuk,post:3,topic:31687"”]

So, you admit that your getting slow? :stuck_out_tongue:

I dunno butch, for some reason you’re the last person I’d expect to try to race a pos’ish 2nd gen fbody down a two lane rd.

[/quote]

I’m not slow, but the new GTO is a slow piece of crap in my opinion. Too heavy…

[quote=“JUICEDSS,post:5,topic:31687"”]

I’m not slow, but the new GTO is a slow piece of crap in my opinion. Too heavy…

[/quote]

Well, I’d have to agree… but won’t Joe kick you out of the club for saying such blasphemy?

If the goats lost ~600lbs, they’d be alot more fun.

[quote=“Nikuk,post:6,topic:31687"”]

Well, I’d have to agree… but won’t Joe kick you out of the club for saying such blasphemy?

[/quote]

I’m not in the GTO club. I’m an independant. Mine is just a daily driver, nothing special.

[quote=“Nikuk,post:6,topic:31687"”]

[/quote]

I think that can be said of pretty much any new car, minus pure sports cars like the Elise. I mean, the GTI is 3200lbs, and has half the HP of the GTO.

Hell, a new 335i is 3600lbs.

If you want a quiet, crash worthy, option laden car you’re going to pay for it in weight. The plus with the GTO is you get 400hp to push all that weight around for way less money that anything with similar performance and quality. Honestly, I wouldn’t give up my quite, safe, option loaded ride for 600lbs in weight savings. If I wanted absolute performance, I would have bought a different car.

And ask anyone at the last Dunnville track day, that fat pig can move on a track. Had I put a little money into the brakes I could have hung with most of the cars there.

[quote=“JayS,post:8,topic:31687"”]

I think that can be said of pretty much any new car, minus pure sports cars like the Elise. I mean, the GTI is 3200lbs, and has half the HP of the GTO.

If you want a quite, crash worthy, option laden car you’re going to pay for it in weight. The plus with the GTO is you get 400hp to push all that weight around for way less money that anything with similar performance and quality. Honestly, I wouldn’t give up my quite, safe, option loaded ride for 600lbs in weight savings. If I wanted absolute performance, I would have bought a different car.

And ask anyone at the last Dunnville track day, that fat pig can move on a track. Had I put a little money into the brakes I could have hung with most of the cars there.

[/quote]

I’ll vouch for that.

[quote=“Nikuk,post:3,topic:31687"”]

pos’ish 2nd gen fbody

[/quote]

:tspry: its got potential

If you want a quite, crash worthy, option laden car you’re going to pay for it in weight. The plus with the GTO is you get 400hp to push all that weight around for way less money that anything with similar performance and quality. Honestly, I wouldn’t give up my quite, safe, option loaded ride for 600lbs in weight savings. If I wanted absolute performance, I would have bought a different car.

[/quote]

You ever take your bumper cover off ? JUNK!! lol

[/quote]

quiet.

[quote=“Jack,post:12,topic:31687"”]

quiet.

[/quote]

:tantrum:

lol @ JayS.

I’m not trashing it… its just too heavy for to justify the “OMG bandwagon”.
It is a decent cruising & highway car, alright handler (given the weight & power)… that can be made fast. Remember the LT1 impalas?

[quote=“BaD AZz Z/28,post:10,topic:31687"”]

its got potential

[/quote]

garage is built, however there is a 30yd dumpster in the way still. Honestly though, I probably wont make time for it until Winter. 383, 700, bottle, and clean up the body. Then, as with all of my summer cars, sell it. lol.

lol at “OMG bandwagon”. The car got killed by Pontiac because no one was buying them. Must have been a pretty small wagon.

I just find it funny that GTO’s are “slow” and STi’s are “fast”, even though stock for stock a 6.0 GTO 6 speed should pull a stock STi.

[quote=“JayS,post:15,topic:31687"”]

lol at “OMG bandwagon”. The car got killed by Pontiac because no one was buying them. Must have been a pretty small wagon.

I just find it funny that GTO’s are “slow” and STi’s are “fast”, even though stock for stock a 6.0 GTO 6 speed should pull a stock STi.

[/quote]

err… Nyspeed + NYGTO (or w/e) + WNY asshats = “OMG Bandwagon”.
e.g.- LS2 GTO with tint & a gold chain plate decoration jumping out on a two lane (1 each way) road to try and pull somebody.

GTOs are slow… STis are fast… Do you realize why?
How many GTO owners put anything more then a K&N in their cars?
How many STi owners put K&N, DP, Catback, FMIC, springs in their cars?

The % prolly favors the STi crowd.

Magazine racing? You arrrrrrrrre getting old. :poke:

[quote=“Nikuk,post:16,topic:31687"”]

Magazine racing? You arrrrrrrrre getting old. :poke:

[/quote]

Well, if someone finds me an actual STOCK STi, I’d be willing to break my no street racing rule and take a couple of runs. Truely stock STi’s are pretty rare though.

My GTO has 2 “mods”, the CAGS (computer aided gear selection) delete, and I turned up the bass on the stock amp. :carnut

skurge has a pretty much stock sti :tup: shoot him a PM

and now that I’m more comfortable with the car, I’m willing to be that the races would be alot closer (ls1 vs sti)

edit: The GTO is an excelent car for what it is… it’s by far, the closest thing to a modern muscle car there is. Not really a “fast” car in stock form, but it’s quick and a hell of alot of fun to drive :slight_smile:

with that said, nice kill :tup:

[quote=“Nikuk,post:16,topic:31687"”]

How many GTO owners put anything more then a K&N in their cars?

[/quote]

Umm… I have a K&N on my car… :lol:

Oh - and Stevil - I got my CAGS delete off the car if you still want it.

<—stock

well except a K&N drop in