GTO Dyno Tune

I got my car retuned my Ed from Virginia Speed last week. I am impressed with the results and quite happy with the car now. Now running Speed Density too.

Big thanks to the guys at Pittsburgh Performance too.

[ame=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9Z00Lh5a64&fmt=22&NR=1”]YouTube- Evan’s GTO dyno run 2[/ame]

MODS:

StreetSweeper HT cam --> 228/232 .614 .600 11lsa
Ported LS2 Intake
Vararam CAI
Kooks Stepped Headers
Magnaflow 14416 Magnapacks
Summit UDP

congrats

sweet man. i wish i could have made it to this…if he comes back in the spring im in for sure.

He will be back, possibly for a week in April

StreetSweeper HT cam

How do you like that cam? i wanted something like this in my LS1 TA but not sure how streetable it is in a auto daily driver car
Nice numbers tho!

congrats on getting your torque back! car ran great when i drove it.

if he comes again i will take vacation i will be there!!

I run a cam with more duration in my auto GTO… he has a tiny bit more lift and a lower LSA tho.

I don’t have an issue at all daily driving it with a 3200 converter and I don’t think I would have an issue with that cam.

anything can be streetable Justin as long as the person tunning has a clue what he or she is doing. There are ppl out there with cams in the 240s that drive dam near stock with the right tune. then there are ppl out there with 224 cams that have such horrible cam surge it makes them look like they have switches those are usually direct result from a person trying to pride themselves as a tuner.

well i’m talkin about Houston legal…which has emissions but from what i hear, not a tailpipe sniffer test so just OBDII check. I just dont want a lumpy cam that raises eyebrows you know. 220’s is all the duration i wanted

i see, you could quiet the exhaust down

my cam is in 240s it idles well and drives great. i have speed density tune in my car.

the limiting factor for you will be convertor. the street sweeper is prob max you can go with stock convertor it may even be a little on big side.

I love the cam, Matt is right, it is very street able.

+1 on the quality of the tune. Ed was able to tune it so it idled damn near stock. I didn’t really mind either way but the wife loves the cam shake so I had him mess with the idle timing. “So you want me to fuck your idle tune all up?” Ed said. LOL

seems like a rough idle would be kinda hard on your chain

whats your idle rpm set at?

LOL. That’s the first time anyone has said “It’s idling too smooth” LOL

But hey, if it gets your girl all worked up, who can argue with that?