GTO PCM PROBLEM

Heres the problem. Put American Racing Long tube headers on the car with catless mids, RPS twin disk clutch got a mail order tune from vengeance racing, put the car together and it wont turn over or anything. the only thing that i have power to is lights. ALL fuses in car are good. It seems to me that the car is in some sort of theft mode or something. is it possible that there is a problem with the tune/pcm? thanks for your help in advance.

is it possible you need to do a security relearn? i don’t really know but that’s what i’d think

my guess is the pcm power relay controls the starting circuit too

that makes sence. thats my guess also that it has something the do with the security. and idea how you get the security relearn done?

you didn’t happen to bump the wires from starter did you? need to see if you get power to solenoid on starter.

I had the starter off. Put it back on with no issues. If I wasn’t getting power to my starter wouldn’t my door locks, windows, and radio still work?

no that will still work
there is a small wire that send signal to solenoid to engage the starter.
it iwll be a 16gauge wire? something fairly small.

I’ll check it again. This car is driving me nuts it’s probable somethin stupid. What’s the security relearn? Is it something I can do or does it have to be retuned? I just don’t understand why I don’t have power to anything. When I tried to start it for the first time I thaught it started to turn over for a split sec then nothing.

Are you sure the tune flashed ok? What did you get the mail order tune on? A predator or did you flash it with HPTuners?

if it started to turn over then nothing then it’s not a security issue

it could be on GM’s!

gave the car another look when i got off work and sure enough im a idiot the damn main fuse was bad. I looked at them a hundred time last night! i guess thats what i get for being in a rush! put about 25 miles on it and everything seems great. Brian its ready for the cam just let me know when its a good day to bring it up. thanks.

ok!Thanks

Found the problem, It’s not this !!

[ame=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGCfIMQC5Jg”]YouTube- 1988 Ford Mustang GT Commercial[/ame]

:rofl:

thank god its not that!