GTR cheap supercar?

1. I have not seen one brand new within $10k of the sticker.
  2. The trannies are garbage. This has been proven time and time again. They are prone (and actually designed) to break. When that goes, tack on about $16,000 onto the bill for it to be replaced. (Don’t hold me to that price, I think that’s what I read.) There are multiple spaces in the back of the owner’s manual for tranny repairs/replacements.
  3. You cannot just replace the brake pads, as the rotors must be replaced as well. Tack on nearly $2,000 for that.
  4. If you use the launch control, the warranty is void. If you turn the traction control off, the warranty is void. If you open the driver’s side door too quickly, the warranty is void. (That’s an exaggeration, but the warranty this care comes with is the next thing up from useless)
  5. The link in the original post reviews the cost of the first scheduled maintenance.

Does it perform well? Sure. Is it worth $70k-$85k? No. “Supercars” are designed to handle a moderate amount of abuse (by moderate, I mean within reason). This car is said to fail under moderate abuse. No thanks.