GTR cheap supercar?

:zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz:

…just sayin. might not be ‘exotic’ but atleast you can regularly race a ZR1 or Z06 without it breaking.

it’s not a supercar. It’s like comparing a pinto with a 460 to a porsche. Sure the pinto may be as fast, but it’s a different class of car. A gtr, ferrari, porsche, lambo, hell even a ford gt and viper are a different class than the zr1. The zr1 may be faster but …

how do you figure that a viper and gtr are supercars and not the zr1?
and your analogy about a pinto with a 460 sounds more like the viper to me.

What makes you an authority on Supercars?. Just 'cause you don’t like Corvettes, doesn’t mean it ain’t one. The ZR1 performs at the same level or above all the others for a much lower price. Real Supercars don’t have V6’s, or automatics. The ZR1 is more a Supercar than the GTR, anyday.

The GTR is a bucket of shit.

x2

i guess there is gray area as to what a supercar is, or an exotic etc etc. but in my eyes, the gtr can go at it with the high dollar ferraris etc, so it will get compared to them. of course the zr1 gets thrown in there as well. they are all awesome cars, dont get me wrong, but i just think ppl tend to short-change the ZR1 (even the z06 to an extent) because they seem to be common/lower-level compared to the more expensive cars they compete with. but they hold up to abuse as good or better than those cars and they perform as good or better. they just dont have that ‘exotic’ name or maybe not quite as detailed on the inside and whatnot, but thats why they r cheaper. id rather have GM cut corners in that area than on the reliability/performance of the drivetrain and suspension. after all, its a performance car, not a luxory car.

a corvette is not a supercar, I don’t give a fuck how fast it is.

And a GTR is a rice burner… I don’t give a fuck how fast it is.

See how easy it is to make senseless generalizations like you do?

a supercar should make 1000whp, come with a warranty, get 40mpg, have wings so it can fly, be able to go on water and fight crime all in 1 night.

i dont see any car doing that so calling any car a “super” car is pure BS

nothing seemd out of the ordinary to me. labor prices seemed ok. price of tranny fluid seemed high. yet if there is no equal on the market, you are screwed. i know of other expensive auto tranny fluid being around 25 bucks a qt at cost. don’t know what retail is.

agreed

ok well i work for a dealer that had 4 gtr’s and we had to get a special rack just to get the cars at the dealer…well after one of techs sent to dc to get trained to work on it…well long story short the car is total junk…yes the car is fast yes it looks good but heres the low down…the car has a black box intigrated into the car which records everything. And that comes in handy when you smoke your tranny by removing the traction control and we download the info from the black box see your traction control was removed warranty is voided. If you take the car to the track your warranty in voided. if you modify the car in anyway the warranty is voided…so we have 2 zo6s in the showroom right now that is covered under warranty for 36000 no questions asked…also when your brake pads get low youhave to replace rotors and pads.which i think was around 1700 bucks…

yes i heard all of that also, which was what i was refferring to. so i dunno, call it exotic or whatever you wanna call it, but as i said before i rate the ZR1 or Z06 over those things w/o a doubt. no hassle, performs just as well.
performance and performance per dollar > buying a car just to brag about it being exotic

I’ll settle for a ZO6 myself. The ZR1 is cool, but I’d rather Turbo a ZO6 and be faster yet.

i rather take the porsche turbo. yet we are all biased. i dont see to many z06’s being used as daily drivers in western pa. bang for the buck, hard to beat a porsche turbo. especially when used 996 turbos can be had for less than a z06, w/ similar performance.

granted, a new turbo is evey bit of 130k. yet they get a beating w/ depreciation that a 1 year old turbo may only bring 80k. used you can find 996’s for as low as 35k.

seriously, you can have a 700hp not even breaking open the stock engine and still drive the bitch daily w/o fear that your stock engine is going to explode. im talking car drives same as when it was stock hp levels i.e.- no loud exhaust, no stiff clutch, no harsh suspension or rattles/squeaks you would think you had to deal w/ to have performance of this caliber.

Yeah, I read about one that broke. $18,000. I forget if that includes labor or not.

x10.

I’m not saying the ZR! & ZO6 are the end all/be all of sports cars. A 911 GT3 is my favorite. I’m just sayin’ the 'vettes are a better car than the the GTR.

i agree that everyone has their own bias or preference and im not saying the high-end vettes are the greatest thing ever, but for me that would certainly be my number 1 & 2 choice.

i just think its played out to knock the cars for being garbage (like top gear and alot of other ppl seem to do) when in reality they are built to perform and hold up to the abuse of racing. i think the name of some of the foreign or more expensive cars makes them more desirable than the vette, not the performance or overall build quality (when you take into consideration how well the vettes motor and chassis hold up to racing along with how much cheaper they are to maintain).

Tell that to F1 drivers you tool. Last I checked they are as pure of a sports car as you get. :kekegay: You countered a generalization with an even more glittering generalization. Brilliant.

I feel a thread merge coming on WITH THE 50TY MILLION OTHER GT-R THREADS!!!