GTR goes 7:27 @ the ring

Viper is hot. And may be faster.

But the GT-R is so much awesomer.

it’s awesome that everyone here hates on the lousy warranty coverage, yet most of you have modded cars with voided warranties sitting in your driveways.

Most of us didn’t dump 80+ grand into a car that we are told cannot be driven as advertised.

the people that can afford the car, should be able to afford to fix the car. Where is it advertised as a dedicated track car?

Pretty sure it is sold as a street car…

We went over this before, that alone, is a retarded defense of a shitty policy.

A person should not be denied coverage because they took the car to the track if the part that fails was not caused by said abuse.

You could hump nissan a little more though…

:meh:

I really am not humping though.

I just hate to see EVERY GTR thread turn into, “Too bad the warranty is shitty”

I would love to see you bust the tranny in your M3 while launching at the track and then listen to the discussion at the service department(assuming they know for a fact you were at the track or w/e).

:picard: Are you serious? :banghead:

Hit the wrong button once, warranty gone! And that’s not even the reason I hate it.

Are you arguing its not shitty?

I guess you have to find a BMW model with a paper-like transmission first.

well, it’s official. Might as well just lock this one up.

All we are going to hear about for the next 7 pages of disaster, is how shitty the warranty on this car is…

So much for a decent conversation about an AWESOME car

I really don’t even want to stick up for the damn warranty, I just want people to be able to appreciate the car for what it is. Not hate on the manufacturer for being pissed that people expect to race their car, and have the supporting work be warrantied.

A lot of BMW dealers are sympathetic to such situations and either give you a cut on labor or try and get things passed under warranty work. I’ve a caged M Coupe get a new S54 under warranty. (and no, it was not one covered under the TSB.)

wow, that’s actually pretty cool. I haven’t heard of any nissan dealerships doing that before. I have taken my cars to Nissan dealerships and trust me, those bastards never give breaks. W/E, that’s not what the thread is about, I think I am done here.

I am just sick of hearing about the GTR warranty.

the smg has lc in it, BMW has replaced them for people despite the read out showing use of lc, a guy down here popped his motor with a hpf kit, got it replaced for cost… etc…

so, whats your next bad example?

EDIT: vw and the new R32 is the same, they will NOT void your warranty for using lc

Thewird says his mom’s drives like a truck, has a poor warranty, gauge cluster is hard to read, and gets terrible gas mileage.

Plus, tell Gordon Murray that a new “supercar” has two turbos, is AWD, weighs 3800lbs, and only comes in DSG, and see what he says.

Nissan hyped this car up so much that it’s mind boggling.

lol newman @ the ACR not being as cool as a GTR :picard:

Someone mentioned it took the Enzo ~26 seconds to hit the same speed. If that’s true, it’s sick.

If you take your GT-R to the dealer and have them ‘Track Prep’ it for like 2k or something, you can take it on tracks all you want and it dosent void the warranty. They will not, however, care if you break it on the track of course.

And you CAN launch it with the new reprogram and now void you warranty so long as its not ‘excessive’… Dont beat the piss out of the car 24/7 and youre fine.

Clearly ZOMG you haven’t read the new disclaimer from Nissan.

They changed it that excessively?

Hmmm…

Less than 20 GTR’s have had transmissions break (which is still a lot). The internet just makes it seem like there were hundreds.

Nice time though, wow.

Your source?

What does the R8 V10 GT do it in…? :snky:

X…