GTR goes 7:27 @ the ring

ZOMG, why of course internet forums, cause we know he has never been in a moving one :blah:

He would have been in a moving one if the tranny didn’t give out.

I heard SidewinderGX fisted a GTR tailpipe one time.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=140966

Nissan says fewer than 18 cars sold in the USA (that’s less than 1 percent) have had transaxle failure.

I’m sure someone will come in here and say Nissan is lying, so take it for what it’s worth.

Another link saying less than 1%: http://www.exoticsandluxury.com/warranty-voided-gtr-launch-control-warranty-safe

Fixed. And many times, actually. She’s a loosey goosey.

Care to add anything to this conversation or just going to throw in your usual useless banter?

Wow a “mom” joke, I suppose you got that from your grease monkey buddies at Walmart?

Actually I got it from your mom.

:lol:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand lock it up

For the first time ever, I didn’t start anything, and I actually contributed to the conversation.

antagonizing MPD47 to rip you apart is NOT a contribution

I’m pretty sure he was antagonizing me. I contributed before he derailed the thread.

next time stick your head in the tailpipe instead of your fist.

lol…im staying out of this one.

good time! no stefan bellof time, but still acceptable

Here’s one that will keep the internet flame wars going between fanboys of both sides.

Let’s examine that GT3 RS lap time for a second because it’s very impressive. Essentially the same lap time as the much more powerful GT2 (7:32.2) and 10 seconds faster than the Mk1 RS, it is even more impressive especially when you consider that, according to the report on EVO, Porsche engineers reckon that a traffic free “theoretical best lap” lap would be closer to 7:30. That’s one hell of a mid life refresh for any car.

Now about the flame war, there really should is no cause for one. Let’s put aside that nobody outside of NIssan has been able to duplicate the feats of the Nissan drivers (legendary magazine tester Horst Von Saurma "only"managed a 7:38), EVO makes a very obvious and valid point, so what if you can only do it for one lap?

Absolutely the GT-R is fast but, at 10/10ths how long can the GT-R hold up? We asked people with experience running the GT-R, specifically at the Nürburgring, about this issue and what he got back is not pretty: even when not driven at full Toshio Suzuki pace, tires are only good for one lap then they go away. Running costs including consumables and service work out to an epic 200 Euro($300) per lap!!. Nissan recommends a full service after every second track day, you can see how that could get tedious after a while.

But what would be worse would be having to stop after every lap and cool everything down while the buddies you just taunted with your best “ha, ha, I only paid half of what you paid” speech go right on through for more fun!

hahahahaha.

I bet the LFA goes 7:51.28.

then kills itself