GTR is on the road in Oakville!!

http://www.canadiandriver.com/thenews/2008/07/24/nissan-delivers-first-canadian-gt-r.htm

Haven’t seen the owner with the car …yet but I’m keeping the camera close.Don’t want to scare the owner though when he sees a birght eyed brown guy running towards him.

Yeah coworker saw it yesterday on the 404 and almost crashed. I knew it wasn’t press casue they only have 1 red 1 silver.

Sad though its so out of the price range of the average person with regular bills.Fricking unicorn!!

I saw the red one at a tim hortons in etobicoke, lol the poor guy was getting bombarded by people asking him about the car

hahaha NICEEE! SUCH A NICE CARRRR! lol That guy is fuckin luckyyyyyyyy

My buddy told me he saw a blue one?? I don’t know if he’s lieing though anybody else see it?

I know a guy that’s getting one in December. White on black interior, can’t wait to see that beast next spring. I doubt he’ll let me drive it, but I’m asking anyway :smiley:

yea, i saw one in a parking lot by third line. it was just there and nobody even noticed it. it was a red one

This is a great moment for Canada! Awesome!

Now they just need a manual transmission for dudes like me… :smiley:

ive seen the red one around markham/scarborough before

Yeah my friend saw it. It was a red one.

they say its not gonna come out wit a manual tranny bcuz if u want it to go fast, you wouldn’t be able to shift fast enough…

i still have to see one

Most guys who like the manual transmission will be buying it for the enjoyment, not the .2 tenths or whatever in the 1/4 mile firstly. Second, the manuals are usually faster around a track. Third, they could introduce some no-lift-shift programming to make it real close.

trollington bear

c’mon … you can change gears mid corner in the R35 with the throttle pinned. There is absolutely no way I can do that in my GT-R.

If you have a video of you slamming a gear in under .2 of a second I would seriously like to see that.

Okay that is cool, I agree, but I was only bringing up the idea that a no-lift-shift option would cut down the manual shift times some. Obviously not very likely to get into the 200 milliseconds range, but at least the turbos could remain spooled and that could help a manual tranny keep the car moving forward faster to help fill the gap.

The whole manual vs. paddle thing is kind of a double battle - “which one is faster around a track or in a straight line”, and “which do you prefer driving personally”?

I can’t vouch for the track thing, and I have to admit the GTR certainly might be an exception where the automatic pwns the manual (if produced) around a track, and perhaps for someone who tracks a lot or wants that feel that’s golden. To me personally as my own car I feel like the auto/paddle transmission would get a little boring on the street, where i’d have it more often.

Really it’s each to their own, either way the GTR is an incredible car and i’m just glad to see it here finally.

perhaps they should make a GTR-LE trim
5 speed V6 no turbo
for the average dudes

Yeah its personal preference. I wasn’t sure if I’d like the GTR tranaxle paddle dealio either. Its awesome. It blips the throttle, it slams the next gear hard.

You’d have to drive it to believe it.

Like it or not, we are in a transition here just like when ppl were like I ain’t giving up my vinyl records for these fancy new cassette tape thingggies.

There will be generations in the future knowing nothing else.

I was thinking more of a V-Spec with 550hp+ and 6-speed manual myself hehe. Having a lower N/A trim could arguably take away from the GTR name, although they have obviously done it in the past…so who knows.

2G I am aware of what’s going on, and I understand and respect why, and I KNOW FOR A FACT i’d love driving the GTR the way it is - but to me there is something to be said for heel-toeing yourself or even just engaging each gear exactly how you choose with your left foot. :slight_smile:

And likewise, there is something to be said for <200 millisecond shift times, both hands always on the wheel, more consistency launching, and mid-turn shifting as you mentioned. And well, in the GTR’s case, running 11’s haha, although it could probably do the same with a manual transmission.

Either way I could see myself hitting up a paddle GTR, but probably only if I had another fun manual car to goof around in. And so maybe i’m old-fashioned in that way. :wink:

EDIT: And you know, I truly wonder if you are right, I wonder if one day the manual transmission will be totally gone…looking at Europe and South America makes me wonder how long that might really take if ever. But in North America automatic is certainly king. I’m just not sure I see it being totally eradicated…I wonder…

They already have a lower N/A trim, they call it the G37. What I wanna see is a 6MT G37 with twin snails. Forget fancy awd systems, just good ol’ fashioned RWD, and a lotta power on tap.
Right now, they’re doing a fine job of competing for the lower-end of sport/luxury, and the really high end, but nothing really in the middle. The G37 is barely competitive against the 335i, and has absolutely nothing on the M3, RS4, IS-F, etc… A RWD TT version with say… 400hp/400tq would still not encroach on the GT-R, and comfortably spank the cars I listed.