Great 2009 GTR Article & Pics!

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t193/streetseen/TMS07/Nissan/GTR/IMG_3247.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t193/streetseen/TMS07/Nissan/GTR/IMG_3425.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t193/streetseen/TMS07/Nissan/GTR/IMG_2809.jpg

Just a few pics taken from this awesome, detailed article for the up and coming GTR! Tons of nice pics… :slight_smile:

http://www.streetseen.vi/?p=319

Enjoy.

dammmn , looks so sexy, i see a push button starter on the left. the only thing im not proud of is the fact that its just a sexy g37, and that there are paddle shifters. id rather being one with the machine and making it manual. but then again, this is 2008. it uses the VQ right? bored up too a 3.7? i believe??

im pretty sure the engine code is VR38DETT might by related, but it seems to be an engine family of it’s own

holy sexyness

whats that thing at the bottom right of the dash

does it use a key card to start?

i wounder how much nismo aero for this will go for.
or any type of after market stuff really.

Hacknik I agree, they really should have provided a 6-speed manual transmission as an option. With all this talk of heritage and all the waiting for the GTR to get here, it’s surprising that they’re not availing the use of a manual transmission.

I find it really frustrating because if I was thinking about buying the car I would likely bypass it for that reason alone - call me stubborn. I understand the brilliance in the new transmission but at the end of the day it’ll still “feel” automatic to me without an actual clutch pedal and a shifter to engage the gears as desired each time.

I’d love to give Nissan my business too, I think the GTR and it’s direction is brilliant as a whole.

Custom manual swaps on the way for 2010? :smiley:

Pantaloons - yeah I have no idea what that “keycard”-looking thing is!

I myself found out it didn’t come in Baby Blue and that was a deal breaker :-p

God ppl are picky, manuals are cool but the latest gen transmissions are incredible…200 milliseconds! And it mentions it always has torque to the ground thats amazing.

Either way with 1500 produced and sold out I dont know if the manual will ever arrive. (not to mention 3.3 0-60mph why bother)

I love the look of the New GTR …the front reminds me of the EVO to much though the way the black plastick looking peice comes up i dunno.

A G37? You do realize this car was completely redesigned from the ground up. Maybe a HVAC vent was used from the G37 but everything else is Skyline.

And Daves right, the manual transmission will eventually be extinct. These new sequentials are where the future is headed. Trust me Im as much a manual trans fan as any but the fact remains these new boxes are really good. Once you try it your opinion will change.

its too large of a car for me…
i’d rather take a porche 911

That is a one beautiful beast cant wait to see one in person. But when this car comes out because of the lack of driving skills in this province alot of people are going to die.

the VR engine is what happens when you give a VQ to cosworth… add black-voodoo magics and voila :slight_smile:

the car is hot in black, but in any other colour I think it needs some front end work

when you start left foot braking you’ll come to appreciate a sequential

i never saw one in black before they are ssooooooooooooooo gorgeous

my step dad is putting a deposit on one in a few weeks

I LOVE the sequential…I really do. It actually has 2 real clutches and it’s ready and waiting when you shift and everything. Perfect for the track, fun for the street.

Realistically i’d almost want 2 GTR’s, a manual and the sequential.

I guarantee it’d put a smile on my face, and likely pull better times than a manual. I also understand the shifts wouldn’t feel soft, fruity and delayed like most Tiptronic, Autostick’s etc…but really crisp and near instant.

It’s just you can’t really “feather” the paddle, “feeling” out the engaging of each gear just as desired…and i’d personally prefer manual on the street (where i’d keep mine most of the time); but that’s me - I do understand the new trend and why it’s happening.

I just feel a lot of people would like the “option” - i’m guessing their rolling it out this way to encourage everyone to give the sequentials a go maybe…

And oh man yeah…the black is awesome!!

Initial D 4 lol. and yes, i do understand the reason why Nissan engineer’s would think that way about seqentual transmissions. also, koukiS14, i got my tounge tied and mixed around what i was trying 2 say. the G37 is basically a ‘‘dumbed down’’ skyline, similar engine, and suspension from what ive read up. Personally, id rather an R34 over this lol, until i see the Nismo version… but hey , thats just me.

p.s - anyone hear about the silvia going back into production? heard something about an s16 fastback being made.

I love it how they have gangster twin intercoolers with awsome piping, massive stock oil cooler, crazy cf panels in places some people will never even see them, cf driveshaft, amazing detailing inside, every detail was accounted for on this car, this car is meant to drive. Its definitely an amazing daily driver, and a wicked weekend sports car stock for stock. It definitely is an insane touring car when companies like Top Secret get around to it.

i read that the GTRs have a limiter on them.

200km/hr or something on normal roads

and when you hit the track, the limiter is bypassed.

but thats just in Japan, not sure what they are doing in North America

sequential + left foot braking = cool/new age driving

im sure the limiter issue won’t last for long.

Yeah not sure why so low^^^

Mine’s is cracking the ECU as we speak, so don’t sweat it.

Option mag has a titanium exhaust install = 1.42psi gain and 22ps (around 20hp)!

http://jdm-insider.com/Blogs/Eric/?p=540