Great 2009 GTR Article & Pics!

best part reading the article is that the 480hp is under rated apparently… man i want to see what a few tweaks can do

this sounds even cooler “The transmission is mounted at the back of the car and mated to the rear differential”
i love it!!!

Omg Omg Omg Im Drooling Wtf Man!! Now My Keyboard Is Gone!!

You know, I was thinking the same thing.

For a car that run’s mid-11’s stock, it’ll be scary to think how easy it would be to coerce it into the 10’s…and the standard this car will set for other street performance cars, not to mention supercars/exotics!

This thing is gonna set the pace.

Nuts.

the day i see one of these on the road, is the day i smack into the car in front of me.

Just make sure it’s not the GTR in front and you’re good… :lol:

Good call…Hong Kong AKA Markham reports first '09 GTR crash.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff37/VicSkylines/gtr09wreck.jpg

i guess im preparing to be flamed here but this car is fucking ugly in my opinion…

GTR from the groundup to look like the 350Z with some added toys… im not impressed… they could of done better, good to see they kept the signiture tial lights though.

(BTW, some of the acura '06 have padel shifters… there nothing new, porshe has a keycard, mercedez has a card that only needs to be on ur person to start with push button, ferraris lock when ur more then 10ft away with the keys… im seeing nothing to “new” here)

I-KEY. All nissan pretty much use it now. I get to go to GT-R school SUCKERS!!! LOL

are you new? youre comparing acura’s paddle shift with the GT-R’s?

the acura unit is just a conventional automatic that happens to have paddles that will hold gears. it still uses a torque converter and planetary gearset and is still an automatic.

the GT-R uses a rear-mounted manual transaxle with TWO electro-hydraulically actuated clutches and a traditional gearset

i dont care what you think about the GT-R… everyone is entitled to their opinion. but just because you see two cars with ‘padel shifters’ doesn’t make them anything remotely alike

My co-worker’s Intrepid also has paddle shifters, I demand that it be thrown into this comparison!

fuk all of u I have paddle sequential upgrade my '84 Cutlass T-Top Turbo GT and n e 1 can get dat and have a DSG stickar on teh trunk.

Pics of the car plz???

http://www.stencilsandstripes.com/images/Oldsmobile/HurstOlds.jpg

In all fairness as far as I know Volkswagen was the first company to implement a dual-clutch sequential transmission in a street legal car. But the skylines shift-times are still approx. 150 milliseconds faster, and are only second to certain street-legal Ferraris.

so my step dad just ordered a gtr

im more than a little jealous

Can i Have it?

Colour?

What kind of options (if any) were available etc?

Expected pick up date?

Congrats, especially if you get to take her out for a run!