Gun thread of SRS

Parts shouldn’t be an issue out of state, lowers will be an issue and doubt you’ll be able to buy them out of state.

So according to the ATF a stripped lower is just a part even though it has a serial and is registered as a firearm. So by their definition we don’t have a firearm until it’s a fully functional rifle. Therefore wouldn’t you technically just be buying a part out of state. Either way the problem is the state police taking liberty with the law and saying any lower is illegal even though it is possible to assemble a semi or bolt rifle on a AR platform and comply with this B.S. law.

Here’s the deal. The new bill also states somewheres that its illegal to buy parts and receivers.

Buying other parts out of state won’t be traceable. Buying lowers out of state will be. And to buy a lower out of state They’ll need I’d, and then a background check. id assume that most people are not dumb enough to buy a lower out of state with a ny residence? If you are more power to you.

Every form (i think its the 4473 but that might be the wrong number)you fill out to buy a gun goes to the FBI directly. So if they see how many lowers someone bought specially if you bought them within the last 2 weeks or even the last month and that someone didn’t register any of them within the year I’d imagine they’ll be getting a visit.

http://shift518.com/showthread.php?t=32795

This should get deleted. Selling guns privately may be legal for 60 more days, but transferring of “assault rifles” was an immediate thing.

Omega,s thread ?

Took care of the thread thanks!

Lol ok that explains y it was dead . U should have just brought it here .

So we can’t even buy a new complete rifle with one of the non pistol grip stocks and no other “assault weapon” features? How in the hell is it legal for the state to do that?

Simple trick with AR’s… split them in half and now there are two separate parts…

It’s the fact that they are trying to make it so that we can’t purchase new lowers is what pisses me off the most out of the list of all this crap.

here is a link for the NYS site with all the crap.
http://www.governor.ny.gov/assets/documents/RiflesthatAREclassifiedasassaultweapons.pdf

Anyway there is a very long list of manufacturers that we can’t own however AST isn’t on the list and I’m sure that they missed others. So unless I’m missing something if you went by strict interpetation of the law then we can buy lowers from any manufacturer not on the list and configure them into non assault weapon firearms.

What?

But, have both parts and they’ll get you for ability to make complete rifle…

Either way, buying a lower on the books that you don’t plan to register is a very very very bad idea IMO. Maybe I’m paranoid, maybe I’m not.

I think buying a lower out of state and filling out a 4473 is STUPID.

Have your out of state brother buy said lower, winning. Unfortunately I dont really have no out of state family :confused:

When I talked to Bob the owner of firefly firearms on Thursday regarding the AST billet lowers I order he informed me that NYSP told him he couldn’t release any AR platform rifles of any kind to any resident. That is regardless of whether or not they were purchased and transfered in before the ban went into affect or if they were to be fitted with a bolt action upper / non pistol grip stock and no AW features. All Star isn’t on the list of banned manufacturers on the state website. So therefore if you wanted to build a new rifle on one of their lowers with a bolt action upper or non pistol grip stock you should be able to. To me this would be an example of the police exceeding the letter of the law an inserting their own views into it.

So is it legal to sell just lowers privately for the next 57 days? Based on what I’ve read it should be since just the lower isn’t an assault weapon?

Do so at your own risk… Just because ast isn’t listed don’t mean it’s not illegal… Doesn’t it say like or any copy of or style of colt ar-15.

Do things smart, and tell no one.

Get a lower off paper is my advice.

Honestly I haven’t had time to read the law in entirety. However the link I posted is what the state is telling people to go to for explaination of the law. I’m not going to go out of state and buy one or anything like that. If it’s determined that we can buy from AST and configure the firearm to comply then I will buy one even though I have other ARs.

http://shift518.com/showthread.php?t=32852

What’s wrong with these idiots?

Law states you have a year to destroy, turn them in, or sale out of state. Not sell then in your local car forum. Hope he gets arrested for being stupid.

isnt the point of marches/ralleys and standing up for your rights to do these types of things on purpose to get the point across that you dont agree? instead of bowing down like a little bitch and hiding in a shell like a turtle?

just sayin.

plus jakes thread says out of ny as does mine… i dont even think mines illegal actually w only 1 aw characteristic?

Not complying ftw. Good on you dave. You sold it out of state anyways so whatever but still.

word, just got a little upset when i saw v8, who i know to be one of the biggest gun enthusiasts on here talking like that… if aaannyyonnee would disobey these laws i thought itd be him… When sum1 posted a pic of some dude walking into a mcdonalds or w.e it was with an ak or w.e strapped to his shoulders, i thought of v8lonoma lol

Missed the part about out of state. So thats my bad.

I never said I was complying just dont public sell and do illegal things. Your opinion on it doesn’t change it’s legality. Do people create for sale threads for pot?

no, but if pot was legal for 50 years and then became illegal they would? guns have never been illegal, pot always has been. apples to oranges