Gun thread of SRS

With the recent $500 to turn your neighbor gun tip line re-awakening… its all starting to add up.

on the NICS check VS NYS registered gun database application I found out about a few weeks ago. The DNS records are published for the intranet resource as of 3 weeks ago, and the SMTP alert stuff my group had to set up is done. We dont have any more to do with it at this point. I have a friendly manager from another department that’s a gun person and shes pissed right off hardcore too, she will continue to try and find more out on it as it comes about.

100% sure its going to be coming. The target was end of this month to be up and running.

With the tipline reborn and updated, and all the press DCJS is getting about working hand in hand with Cuomo on the gun shit… its all starting to add up. They want us to register our shit. And as mature or immature as it sounds, I am assuming that confiscation will soon follow. I just don’t see how after the registration date is met next year, and the data is “released” anti gun people wont raise hell when they find out 100,000 Assault weapons are registered in their fairytale state. Cuomo wont just say, ohh well they have every right to have them it seems, atleast we know who has what now! That wont be good enough. No fucking way.

Looks like my wife and I arent having children until the end of next year… I am honestly worried about my society next year.

PM me if anybody is interested in a 75 round AK drum.

Bootleg civics old one ?

If anybody is interested in stripped lowers, PM me.

Yes

Does anyone know of a GSG 522 for sale locally or semi-locally?

Anyone have a set of 556 & a 223 go/no-go gauge set I can borrow?

thanks in advance

What particular rifle is it for? If you bought a barrel that has a barrel extension on it (what has contact with the bolt face) you’re almost always perfectly fine. I think I only checked head spacing once on my… Old… AR builds and all were fine.

we are still picking the upper parts. I am leaning towards a rainier select barrel and still havent decided on the reciever yet. My buddy is still looking but is going with a more budget build so hes not sure yet… we are just planing ahead. If we dont have to spend $80 for 2 gauges we would rather not and toss someone a pack of beers to borrow the tools.

A friend of mine rob fender wick also started a closed group for gun trading etc look it or pm him . He is a great dude and he is on here as well

Shoot, why didn’t you assholes, tell this asshole there was a section to post about guns. Reading > Me.

thanks homie… please PM me his username i dont know who he is yet

A lot of companies sell barrel and bolt together that are already matched for head spacing so I’d do that. It doesn’t cost any more money.
I’d get something better than the Rainier Select though. IIRC, their threading was off on a couple Select barrels JVG bought from them. I had an Ultra Match and it was perfect.

If it was off i would just return it… but thanks for the heads up. I am also looking at the WOA SPR. looking for an 18 or 20" SS 1:8. want to build a 300-500 yrd and pretend like I have the skill to hit a target.

I would get a barrel chambered in .223 Wylde. It’s a little tighter than 5.56 but it’ll shoot it just fine, and it wit sacrifice the accuracy as much as going with a 5.56 barrel. 1:8-1:7 twist is pretty much perfect for most bullet weights you’ll find. 500yd is fine for paper punching, but if you’re hunting if go for something bigger such as 6.8 SPC, 6.5 Grendel, or .300 AAC. My reasoning for the .300 is they use standard 5.56 AR mags, same bolt, just different barrel.

I bought the .223 wylde barrel for my build

that was exactly what I was looking for I wasnt going with a 556 barrel for the exact reasons you guys mentioned. I wont but hunting with this thing just targets and ammo is a bit more for 6.8, 6.5 & 300 so even if I wanted to hunt with it, it would be one round into an animal for ever 200 rounds through paper/steel so it wouldnt make sense right now to go past 223.

AR lowers are still available to whoever is interested…

If youre just plinking then get a 22 lr coversion for the upper as well. 223 is still fetching retarded prices right now. 22 is cheap just have to look for it and be ready to buy on the spot. Save the 223 for the good days :wink:

Dont worry about headpacing your ar. Youre not building a custom ar, just assembling one from prefabbed parts. As long as you buy quality parts…barrel, upper, AND bolt you will have virtually nilch to worry about. Custom is making you own barrel and parts from blanks like krieger or lilja then yes youd need to headspace for certain.

And whoever is telling you a 556 chamber isnt accurate doesnt know much. At your level of shooting experience it will have far less to do with the chamber than the actual ammo you are shooting, which is even farther down the totem pole for most things as is for starters concerns. In an ar with offshelf ammo youll likely never see the difference in your build between the three chambers for this type of shooting so dont let that sway your build one way at this point. Right now i wouldnt hesitate to pick a 556 chambered barrel over a wylde or 223 Rem unless it was a single shot or bolt gun, which is not the case here.

Just my .02. Your local gunafiliac

I wasn’t stating 5.56 is inaccurate, perhaps it wasn’t the greatest choice of words.

As Wilson Combat states:
“.223 Wylde is a hybrid .223/5.56 chamber designed by Bill Wylde to yield the accuracy advantages of the match .223 Remington commercial chambering but without pressure or reliability failures when using high velocity 5.56 NATO spec ammunition. The .223 Wylde achieves better accuracy by having a chamber throat that is tighter than 5.56 but will still function reliably with military 5.56 ammunition as the case dimensions are the same.”

Looking for a 10-22 rifle anyone selling one or know anyone selling one? Adam… Adam… Adam… Adam…?