guns banned.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLlLFJTNA4A[/ame]

martial law in katrina was bad but look how bad the ausie’s had it.

… Regarding Katrina

Hurricane Katrina

Contrary to many media reports at the time, martial law was not declared in New Orleans in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, because no such term exists in Louisiana state law. However, a State of Emergency was declared, which does give unique powers to the state government similar to those of martial law. On the evening of August 31, 2005, New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin nominally declared “martial law” and said that officers didn’t have to observe civil rights and Miranda rights in stopping the looters.[26] Federal troops were a common sight in New Orleans after Katrina. At one point, as many as 15,000 federal troops and National Guardsmen patrolled the city. Additionally it has been reported that armed contractors from Blackwater USA assisted in policing the city.[27]

Source: wiki

you trying to confuse me? if its like martial law but called something else and the mayor calls it martial law what is it? i call it illegal

also i know of people who lived in neworleans who lost guns that we taken by the police and military. they live in ny now. they never gave them back after they took them.

how many people were shot during the hurricane? and who shot them? look that up

i dont want this to happen in my neighborhood.

An event that would cause a state of emergency, where such precautions are even an option. I hope no one wants that to happen to their neighborhood.

New Orleans. Two words.

That was determined to be illegal across the board and was addressed as well

[Louisiana legislator Steve Scalise introduced Louisiana House Bill 760, which would prohibit confiscation of firearms in a state of emergency, unless the seizure is pursuant to the investigation of a crime, or if the seizure is necessary to prevent immediate harm to the officer or another individual. On June 8, 2006, HB 760 was signed into law.[83] 21 other states joined Louisiana in enacting similar laws. A federal law prohibiting seizure of lawfully held firearms during an emergency, the Disaster Recovery Personal Protection Act of 2006, passed in the House with a vote of 322 to 99, and in the Senate by 84-16. The bill was signed into law by President Bush on October 9, 2006

even if theres a emergency i still want my guns. i might need them more in a emergency

ya i wish they addressed it as illegal before it was pushed to effect our people

“Desperate times call for desperate measures”.

Just be glad they lived and learned.

Just about every law on the books is made AFTER the act used to be legal before. They look back and go “Hey, thats fucked up”. That’s just kinda how that works. Laws written without a precedent are often fighting an imaginary problem.