Gym Rant v.2007

what about benching with your elbows out? :rofl:

i love that one.

edit: i also love lat pull downs done with your torso almost parallel to the floor, haha

well its still good that you know the do’s and don’ts and don’t force yourself into doing huge weights.

Back when i was a Frequent at the gym, we were doing squats, and my legs have always been extremely strong, unfortunately even with pretty decent form. My back was the weak point, and blew out three disks in my back. Thats definitely a day i would like to have back.

Never blown a disk, but def have pulled numerous muscles in my back and I can say ouch they are the worst.

my biggest issue with the gym folk is when someone takes more then one piece of equipment at a time. For example taking a bench when they’re doing pull-ups because they want to do more then one thing at a time. Also, doing an exercise right in front of the weight rack so that nobody can get to the weights. It also pisses me off when you’re using a mirror and someone gets in front of you and uses the mirror when there are other spots available.

Meh what can you do…people are jerks.

Word. We have a weight room at my work but a very small locker room and 1 shower. When I started working out on my lunch break, no one was ever in the weight room or the lockers. Now I barely have room to change my cloths because the resolution people are taking up every spot.

Its partially my fault because I keep encouraging people to run and lift with me. It seems to be dying down now that we are 3 months out from January.

Throw a 45lb plate at them like a frisbee?! :shoot:

ugh, shitty. back is so sensitive… it’s like when you try and deadlift too much weight and your form goes out the window, but you finish the set anyways. then later that night your lower back hurts like a motherfucker and you swear up and down you’ll never do that again :banghead:

I go to world gym, i havnt been in a couple months cuz of work and my knee being messed up again, but it will be interesting to see how it is…

The gym at UB is the worst, filled with “Gatti’s”, Juicers and first timers. All I want is some space and uninterrupted time to do my routine.

Fucking idiots walk in with no warm up slap 4 25’s on the preacher bar, and proceed with 10 reps of throwing their back into the curl.

The other ones that I hate are the random contraptions that people make with the benches. Like propping up the decline bench on another bench, so its more declined.

But its free, so I guess I shouldnt complain.

LOL.

If I saw that, I’d fall over

LOL I love “contraption lifters”

Lets take the preacher bench on top of the squat rack so we can get ultimate extendability while sittting on a medicine ball while reading Esquire so we feel baller.

You shouldn’t have to deal with that crap. The gym manager or whatever should enforce etiquette and at least hire one minimum wage person to go around at night and put the weights back. I go to the Gold’s in Lancaster right now and people still follow etiquette.

Same as the one on Wehrle, I rarely see free weights laying anywhere and most people pick everything up/leave you alone.

Never have to wait for machines, no douche’s flexing in the mirror in front of you, and most people seem cool to spot/advise on an exercise, etc. And not to mention hot female trainers and cool guy trainers.

i’m gonna try that today…I will let you know the end result:)

Get a job somewhere that has a weight room…a lot of corp places do.

Good idea, I’ll just up and leave my career right before my review and hit up my local contacts/Monster for a new job somewhere. I’ll make sure the first line on my resume reads:

“IF YOU DON’T HAVE A GYM NO MATTER HOW LARGE THE SALARY IM NOT INTERESTED” :bloated:

My bad your doing so well in life…don’t goto a cheap gym with scum bags…

We were all thinking about that. If they do though, they’ll get a nice lawsuit from the Buffalo Bandits. :stuck_out_tongue:

just get a job at a specialty fitness retail store :wink:

i like that idea better :wave:

i wouldnt mind going back to school to be a nutrionist, then i’m sure i could get a job somewhere that may have a gym!

and there are assholes at all gyms.

and world gym was pretty sophisticated until a month or so ago they switched companies, and everything has gone downhill. :2fingers:

wait until all the “spring-break-groupies” leave…then it’ll be back to normal again

You always see a surge right around now when the weather breaks.