OFFICIAL: "Rant about stupid shit you see at the gym" thread...

Some of the shit I’ve seen since January 1st makes me want to drop a plate on a kitten. Plus some of the things people do are good for a laugh.

Post the stupid shit you see at the gym here. I’ll start!

1. To the dummy doing 1 armed military barbell presses in the squat rack: Stop it. I read that Men’s Health too. They didn’t mean for you to spend 45 fucking minutes doing it. If you hit me with the bar you can barely balance I’m going to shove it up your ass.

2. To the fat old wop giving the scrawny high school kids advice on form in the squat rack: Your only advice should be “Don’t fucking do bicep curls in the squat rack.” Once you get them out of the squat rack pay less attention to their elbows and more attention to less weight so they don’t have to dry hump it up.

3. To the trainer having guys do squats on the half swiss ball thing: If I get hit with a bar while I’m doing real squats you will have the same fate as the dude doing one armed barbell presses.

4. To the trainer having women carry plates over their heads walking up and down the gym floor: Thank you.

5. To the chubby black guy that always works out dressed in spandex pants and tucked in spandex shirt with matching sneakers: You’re not a fucking superhero!!!

You’re a hot rod.

I’ve got yer hot rod right here! :pedo: :fry:

It is the influx of New Years resolution people. It will be over by early March, and should have slowed down by now. At one point in my life when I actually worked out, it was just a horrible time of the year. I actually switched my schedule around to being at the gym by 5am so as not to see any of these people.

so far this year it’s just the typical people getting nowhere near 90 degrees when squatting, and lots of people turning bicep curls into a full back workout.

If you can’t give yourself full range of motion, use less weight.

If you have to throw your back into every rep, use less weight.

If you are slamming weights off the stops, use less weight.

If you aren’t breathing, you aren’t doing yourself a favor.

Seriously either these people are too proud to lift a lighter weight or just plain stupid.

Really are you trying to impress the other men in the weight lifting area. No one cares. Faggot.

lol beat me to it

is this the guy that looks like all he curls all day long? lol

1. To the trainer having guys do squats on the half swiss ball thing: If I get hit with a bar while I’m doing real squats you will have the same fate as the dude doing one armed barbell presses.

that was real? ugh

1. To the chubby black guy that always works out dressed in spandex pants and tucked in spandex shirt with matching sneakers: You’re not a fucking superhero!!!

LOL i remember that guy. hes not new. always has a lifting belt on?

The resolutioners cleared out pretty quick at terries, plus i always go a little later, so I dont see that much dumb shit. Just poor form, and people having routines that dont make any sense to me. like curls followed by “squats” followed by bench. what?

I see a lot of dudes wearing baseball hats lately. really? why?

1. the dumbasses who conveniently forget that the dumbells are in proper weight order when it’s time to rerack them

2)the dipshits who think they’re gonna look awesome by doing more weight than they should be, but in reality they look retarded throwing their entire body in a backwards motion while doing curls

1. people who look at you while you lift, not out of concern for safety, but just to be pricks

The trainer had a couple of guys standing on one of these with the round side down doing squats in the left rack while I was in the right rack.
http://www.ab-core-and-stomach-exercises.com/images/bosu-ball.jpg
If one of them so much as fell in my general direction I was going to flip shit.

And yeah the dude that always has the weight belt on. He just goes about his business and doesn’t do stupid shit, but why he must dress like Mr Incredible is baffling.

All of these are applicable to World’s Gym (Planet Fitness):

1. Wearing a long sleeve Affliction shirt, jeans, Timberland boots and a flat brimmed hat to workout; No.

2. Walking on the treadmill for a few minutes, running at max speed for .1-.2 miles then being finished; No.

3. Putting excessive amounts of weight on bench press just to do a third of a rep (and I know this can be a workout, I am mentioning those who don’t know how to do a proper bench rep); No.

4. Yelling during reps; No.

5. Texting between every set; No.

6. Having a talk:workout ratio of 4:1; No.

7. Sitting on the same machine and not allowing other people to work in for more than 15 minutes; No.

8. Rolling your shoulders during shrugs; NO.

This doesn’t even touch the tip.

EDIT:

1. Not bending your legs and using 100% back for dead lifts; No.

2. Turning your wrist/arm for every rep during curls; No.

3. Dropping and bouncing weights off of your chest; No.

MORE:

1. Blatantly checking yourself out in the mirror, IE: fixing your hair

2. Grabbing weights and standing right at the rack, so that other people are not able to grab weights until they are finished; NO NO NO.

screamers.

stop it.

i understand what hes trying to do, but that just seems retarded.

To the trainer having women carry plates over their heads walking up and down the gym floor: Thank you.

I vow to never be that girl. Everyone is ALWAYS starring at them.

I totally text while I’m on the elliptical though. Whoops.

easy easy

<3

people who dont wipe down cardio machines when done.

or any machines. fucking gross. i don’t want to sit in your ass sweat, you fuck.

the girl that has been on the elliptical for the last 2 hours, looks like she’s going to die, and weighs 80 pounds. I want to force feed her a baconator.

:bigclap: :bigtup: