set a new bench record at my gym in philly...

i have been hitting it hard latley, and got a new bench shirt, which helps a lot.

1st attempt-490: got it easy

2nd attempt-530-locked out, good lift

3rd attempt-550-locked out, good lift

4th attempt-600-almost 3/4 lockout, probably will get by end of december…

before anyone says b.s or anything, i was wearing a new bench shirt, which helps a lot. my current raw max is right around 475

all of these lifts are with a full 1 second pause at the bottom, no touch and go!

Uh…holy SHIT. That’s insane. My arms would probably break (right before the bar went right through my skinny chest).

Props…that is some serious weight. I never used a bench shirt but from what I hear they can add like 100-150 lbs to your raw max.

I would be happy seeing 4 plates per side…let alone 475

x2

Congrats. How much do you weigh?

thanks, i train hard, it pays off. i ice my elbows everyday. i have joints worse then a 10 year baseball catcher, but im sick in the head, its all worth it to me. i want to hit the 600 club, then get to 650, there are only 600 or so guys who have gotten 650 lifetime drug free, i think it would be great to be aprt of that club

haha x2

it took me 6 month to get to 180lbs. I would be lucky to do 140 now :slight_smile:

i weighed in at 258. 6ft1. 54 inch chest, 19 3/4 inch arms, 19 inch neck. 38 inch waist, 28 inch thigh, 19 inch calf

Nice lifts, but can you touch your own head? You’ve got to have some humongous arms.

just playin, don’t beat me up.

Yeah…I think twice about going heavy…youyr joints are not designed for that. 600 lbs raw would be pretty crazy.

crazy. I was just wroking out at work on my lunch and curling 20 lb. dumbells and it hurt after 3x10…

You should mentor me haha.

geez…you could bench me times 3. thats scary. But awsome. I love to work out. I cant bench for shit though. all my power is my legs and ass.

Im gonna have to start lifting again to catch up to you…lol

38 inch waist… fat ass!!!

j/k man, those are really, really impressive numbers. Some of the guys at one of my old gyms had denim lifting shirts, they swore by them! Keep it up man! Post up when you reach, and break through your goal!

chris

p.s. If I worked for the Cheesecake factory the only exercise I would get is lifting desert into my mouth.

x3

congrats

And I was happy to finally get to 270 on bench :frowning:

Thats awsome, my buddys sisters finance is a powerlifter, he can do over 6 with a shirt… Ill have to get the exact number, I do know he does front and side raises with 100lb dumbbells.

Jesus. You must be jacked.

cool…300 is right around the corner. Get 225 for an easy 10 reps and you should be there.

eww too big is too much. i like big guys simply bc if i wanted to hug someone and i could still wrap my arms around me…i might as well just hug myself. but when i can only get my arms around his arm…its no fun anymore.

I got 270 pretty easy last time and was going to go for 280 but didn’t want to push it without a spotter.

I am pretty happy with my size right now, I just want to lean out and get a six pack back before next summer.

I would never bench (barbell) anything too challenging w/o a spotter. I am sure if you had a spotter you would be pretty close to 300.

six pack by next summer…that is a long time from now. That should be easy depending on where you are now. Keep in mind while you are losing weight it is very hard to gain any size or strength. For me I want to go up maybe 15 lbs this winter and try to keep it as lean as I can…so overall I can gain like 8-10 lbs of lean mass.